Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Was that a glitch or a hiccup?

Hello stamping friends and happy Wednesday!

I don't usually check The Classic Card after I hit the "publish" button, but I did yesterday and was not happy when I saw that the card I selected to show you did not post for some strange reason.  So, my apologies and here's the card....



I got the idea for this card from Dawn Olchefske's blog.  Of course I changed the colors, but essentially this is her card so I want to give her proper credit!  I used the butterfly from the Backyard Basics Framelits to cut the butterfly.  Some Designer Paper from the Gingham Garden collection is adhered behind the hole.  That's Rose Red seam binding ( alas, no longer in the catalog) and Rose Red card stock as well.  The sentiment is from Bring on the Cake (page 14 of the annual catalog).

"Family Week" is finally here.  Katie, Tim, and Allie arrived last night and the Seattle gang will arrive on Friday morning.  It will be a wild and crazy weekend and Oma (that's me) will be the breakfast, lunch, and dinner chef.  Needless to say, The Classic Card will be on hold for a few days while I concentrate on cooking, cleaning up, reading stories, and wrangling toddlers.  I will try my best not to throw a "toddler tantrum" of my own.

I will miss you on Friday, but hopefully will be back again on Monday morning with some stamping fun for you!  Oh... how could I forget?  The day I've been waiting for is almost here.... August 1st, when we can start ordering from the Holiday catalog!!!  My list is long.... how about yours???  There's so much fun stuff that I almost don't know where to begin!

Have a great Friday, a relaxing weekend (unlike mine!) and I'll look forward to checking in with you again on Monday!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment