Monday, July 8, 2013

Oops! Another Bird!

Hello Stampin' Friends and welcome back to The Classic Card!

Thanks for stopping in this fine Monday morning for a visit.  I know that not long ago I promised I was done with bird cards.  I guess I should have qualified that statement by saying I was finished with the cards from my bird-themed technique class.  I'm absolutely going to continue showing you cards with birds, as the Stampin'Up! catalog is full of them.

Today's card features a very easy technique called shadow stamping.  When I first started with Stampin'Up! back in 2001, we had stamps in geometric shapes (circle, rectangle, triangle, square) that we used to create a colored shape on a card.  Then we overstamped with an image.  Stampin'Up! discontinued those stamps long ago, but you can still achieve the same effect by simply inking up one of your clear blocks and then using it just like a stamp.  Take a look at the card and you'll see what I mean



The colors I used for my shadows are So Saffron, Soft Sky and Pear Pizzazz.  The pear shape has been stamped off once, so that the color is lighter.  Then the images are stamped over the shadows in Baked Brown Sugar.  (Time for true confessions.... every time I type Baked Brown Sugar, my mind travels down the path toward baking something naughty... peanut butter cookies, oatmeal cookies, any kind of cookie that includes brown sugar).  I can think of plenty of descriptive names for this color that aren't nearly as yummy-sounding as Baked Brown Sugar.  Oh well!  Back to the card.  The bird, butterfly and tulip are from the beautiful new stamp set called Backyard Basics (page 79).  The fun thing about this stamp set is that it has its own matching framelits ( page 187), so that you can quickly and effortlessly cut out these images.  In addition to the tulip, butterfly, and bird, there's an egg, a bee, and a flowering branch (could it be an orchid?).

I used some Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon ( page 173) and accented it with one of the pretty new Very Vintage Designer  Buttons ( page 169) tied on with some linen thread (page 173).
If you need the supplies to make this card, don't forget that my Stampin'Up! store is open 24/7 for your shopping convenience.  Just go to www.susanrodgers.stampinup.net or click on the button at the top of my blog... so easy and the goodies come straight to your door via the dude in the big brown truck.

Have a great Monday!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment