Thursday, July 18, 2013

Where it all starts...

Hello stampers!

It is Thursday now and Mary and I got up early to take the earliest tour of the Stampin'Up! home office.  I've got a few photos for you, so you can see where your orders are filled.  It all starts right here, where a machine spits out a compute-generated label for the order.


 Depending on the size of the order, the right size of box is selected, the label applied, and then the box begins its trek down to the picking floor.  As the box rolls along, the label on the side trigger a light when the box passes by an item.

The picking floor is divided into zones and depending on what is in the order, the box may or may not pass through all of the zones.  This next photo shows a view down one of the picking aisles.  If you look carefully, you can see the people who are putting items in the boxes as they pass by.



The distribution center was built for the long term...there is more capacity than is being used right now, but it is good to know that they will be able to handle more orders as the business expands.



This photo shows just a small portion of the Distribution Center... it's really a big place!  Here's a photo of Mary and me in front of the huge water feature that takes up the center portion of the ground floor.  Above and behind us the the main level.

 
 
 
After our tour we walked from the Salt Palace over to the new City Creek Center and had a fabulous lunch at a bakery and cafe called Kneader's.  We both had the most delicious turkey, bacon, and avocado salad... just fresh and delicious and then of course we had to try something decadent.  We both had a German Chocolate Brownie... to die for.  I will try to recreate these at one of my stamping events in the near future, as I think you would LOVE them! 
 
In a couple of hours, the opening session of convention will start, so I'm going to rest my weary feet until then.  I'm getting some fun swaps that I'll put on some boards for your stamping inspiration.
 
I'll write more soon!
Susan
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment