Friday, July 26, 2013

Regarding Dahlias

Hello stamping friends!

And a happy, hot Friday to all!  Yes, it is definitely summer, isn't it?  Even if the heat isn't your favorite thing, the sunshine sure is nice, isn't it??

Now, about those dahlias... have you ever tried growing them?  I once made a pilgrimage to the renowned Swan Island Dahlias (which isn't on Swan Island by the way, but somewhere down near Canby).  I was amazed at the incredible variety of dahlias they offered--- everything from petite little blossoms to dahlias the size of dinner plates.  Of course I couldn't go home empty-handed, so I placed an order which was shipped to me at the correct time for planting.  I dutifully planted the little tubers just the way they said and sure enough, I was rewarded with some gorgeous blossoms.  Then summer turned to fall, which turned to winter and that's where everything went wrong.  I was supposed to dig up the tubers and store them in a newspaper-lined box, then plant them again the following spring.  I didn't forget about them, I just didn't have the time or energy to dig them up, so I've since concluded that dahlias aren't for me, unless they are stamped on a card.  That I can do!  So when I saw the new "Regarding Dahlias" stamp set in the new catalog, I thought to myself  "now I can redeem myself and have success with dahlias."

Take a peek at my card today----



This is one of the cards I swapped at convention and everyone who saw it wanted one.  I'm thinking that's because the card has a nice, clean, contemporary look and also features some of the new chevron ribbon.
Of course that big, beautiful dahlia doesn't hurt either.

Here's a quick rundown of the supplies:

Stamps:  Regarding Dahlias, page 91  In addition to the dahlia, you also get 4 greetings, so that makes it a very versatile set, plus it is only $14.95 in clear-mount.
Ink:  Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie
Paper:  Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories:  Chevron Ribbon in Pumpkin Pie, page 173
                     1 1/4 inch circle punch and 1 3/8 inch circle punch, page 182
                     Chevron Embossing Folder, page 191

I'm hoping that you'll have a wonderfully relaxing weekend, with maybe some time to sit in the shade and read a good book, while sipping something cool and refreshing.  Enjoy these warm and sunny days while they last, because soon Summer 2013 will be just a memory!

Thanks for stopping by today and please join me again on Monday, when I'll show you another classic card.
Hugs to all,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment