Monday, July 22, 2013

So long, Salt Lake City

Hello stamping friends and happy Monday!

Yesterday we bid a fond farewell to Salt Lake City and the Stampin'Up! convention.  It was great fun to be in SLC for the annual Stampin'Up! convention and it is also great to be back at home in Portland.  Since our flight didn't leave until 6 pm (it actually left later, as a valve in one of the engines needed to be replaced, so we got to sit at the gate for 45 minutes while the repair was made), we decided to attend a performance of "Music and the Spoken Word" at Temple Square.  The performance was held in the Conference Center, which is across the street from the Tabernacle.  It was a beautiful setting and of course the music was beautiful as well.



I'm sorry you can't see the choir members very well. They are just below the large organ pipes, the women are on the left in red robes, the men are on the right in black suits.The full orchestra is seated below the choir. The performance only lasted about 30 minutes.  We arrived in the middle of their practice session,  then they took a break and the broadcast started at 9:30, so we got to hear them sing some of the songs twice.  If I'm ever in Salt Lake City again on a Sunday, I would definitely attend again!

Now that I'm back in Portland, I will be working on my display boards.  After convention was over, my friend Mary came over to my room to view my swaps.  This photo shows just part of them, so I think you'll have enough ideas to keep you stamping cards for a long, long time!




I will be working hard the next couple of days to make sure that I have at least one new display board completed before the Big Birthday Bash, which is coming up this Saturday, July 27th at 1 o'clock at my house.  I've got 4 spots left, so if you'd like to attend, please let me know.

Hope your Monday is off to a smooth start!

Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment