Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Rest and Idleness...

Hello Stampers and a happy sunny Wednesday to all of you!

Since returning from Salt Lake City, I've felt like a rat on one of those wheels.... running, running, running.  Then yesterday I picked up a copy of one of my favorite magazines, Victoria.  And just inside the cover I found this quotation which I plan to take to heart:

            "Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer's day listening to the
          murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time."
                                                                                                    John Lubbock

My version of this quote would probably go something like this:
           "Rest is not idleness, and to sit in an Adirondack chair on the front porch on a summer's evening, listening to the breeze ruffle the leaves and eating an ice cream cone, is by no means a waste of time."
                                                                                                        Susan Rodgers

And that's just what I did!  What would your version of this quote be??  Feel free to write your own and send it to me.

So last night, I decided to take a break from my Stampin'Up! business and do something different.  I probably should have been working on my display boards, as I have tons of cards to adhere, but instead I chose to get outside and do some gardening.  I trimmed several lavender plants, dead-headed the marigolds, and trimmed back some overgrown hydrangeas.  Even though I was still working, it was a refreshing change from my usual routine.  Sometimes a small change of routine is all it takes to give your spirit a boost!  Oh, and the ice cream cone eaten on the front porch definitely helped too.

OK, OK... enough philosophizing!  I know you're here for a card, so let me show you one...



Isn't this the most girly birthday card ever?  This is one of the cards we'll be making at the Big Birthday Bash on Saturday.  I'm sorry you can't see it, but the cake is covered in Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.  It's so very sparkly and I'm sure I am too!  No doubt I have glitter in my hair, eyebrows, and on on my nose as well.
The sentiment (in case you can't read it) says "Today calls for something pink with sprinkles on top."
What little girl (or the little girl in every woman) wouldn't love this pretty sparkly card?  I love using the Washi tape!  If you get it a bit crooked, just lift it up and reposition it.  It is very forgiving stuff and adds a great burst of color and pattern to your cards.  You can see the two assortments of Washi Tape on page 171 of the annual catalog and when we can order from the Holiday Catalog on August 1st, there's a Halloween assortment and a Christmas assortment as well.

Here's a very quick list of what I used:

Stamps:  Birthday Cake (single stamp) page 16
              Remembering Your Birthday (sentiment), page 16
              A Fitting Occasion, page 86
Ink:  Melon Mambo, stamped off once
Paper:  Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Accessories:   1 " circle punch, 1 1/4 inch scallop circle punch, page 182
                      Gingham Garden Washi Tape, page 171

Thanks for stopping by today!  I will look for you again on Friday, when I'll have another classic card for you!  Stay cool!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment