Monday, July 15, 2013

Tea Time

Hello there stamping friends!
Here we are, back at Monday again.  Are you ready for a new week of sunshine and summery weather?
I'm back home now from my California trip and I'm as busy as a little beaver getting everything lined up for my departure on Wednesday.  Yes, Stampin'Up!'s 25th Anniversary Convention is just a couple of days away and I've got my suitcases out and I've even started loading them up.  Convention only lasts 4 days, but if you have an international reputation for spilling everything on your shirt like I do, then it takes a lot of clothes to present a professional appearance.  Sometimes it isn't even my fault, like the year they had a chocolate fountain for dessert and someone brushed the side of my blouse with their loaded plate, depositing a huge swath of melted chocolate.  It was not a pretty sight.  Then there was the year I was squeezing a lemon into my iced tea and a bunch of seeds squirted out, covering my shirt with pulp and juice that made a stain.  OK... enough about me!  Let's see... I think the subject today is tea, so let's get to the card, shall we?



If you were at Judy's party in Hillsboro on Saturday, you made this pretty card.  But since only a few people have seen this, I thought I'd show it to you today.  I think a glass of iced tea might go down better today than a cup of hot tea, and I think you should sit in the shade or maybe in front of a fan while you drink it.

This card shows off the new Tea Party set  (p. 35).  I stamped in Wisteria Wonder on Very Vanilla, then cut the image out with one of the Oval Framelits.  A slightly larger oval was cut from some Pear Pizzazz card stock to make a nice mat.  I embossed the Wisteria Wonder layer with the Honeycomb embossing folder and notice how the hexagon shapes in the Afternoon Picnic DSP (p. 151) repeat the hexagons in the Honeycomb folder.  The fun flower was made with three different scallop punches (p. 182) --- the  1  1/4 inch scallop circle, the 7./8 inch scallop circle, and the smallest scallop circle is found on page 180 in the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.  The flower has multiple layers, as there is vellum card stock layered over the Wisteria Wonder card stock.  The layers of the flower are held together with dimensionals (you need to snip them into small pieces) and a pearl finishes the flower off perfectly.  Some Pear Pizzazz Taffeta Ribbon ( p. 173) provides a nice horizontal element to the composition.  Even though there are 6 layers to this card, it is still pretty quick and easy to put together.  The magnetic platform for the Big Shot makes it so easy to cut out a perfect shape... no post-it notes required!

I hope you all have a lovely Monday.  In fact, I'm hoping you'll all have a lovely week.  I may try to blog a bit from convention, but I'm not sure how much time I'll have.  They've lopped off one day, so convention is shorter and more packed with activity and content than ever before, but I'll do my best to share a little of the fun and excitement.
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment