Friday, July 12, 2013

Happy Birthday...

Hello Stampers!
Happy Friday!

 Today, July 12th, is the birthday of my daughter Amy.  I can still vividly recall that hot summer day at Good Samaritan Hospital in San Jose, California where a sweet baby girl came into my life, making me a mom and changing the course of my life forever.  Motherhood is not for the faint of heart.  It takes a lot of strength and courage to raise children and I'm so thankful for my two daughters.  Happy birthday, dearest Amy!

Today's card was made by a very talented member of my downline, Janet Jones, who is also celebrating her birthday today.  Happy Birthday Janet!  Check out her refreshing card...



Have I convinced you that you NEED this set yet?  Again, I can almost hear the seagulls and feel the cool wet sand between my toes!  I love how she water-colored just a suggestion of sun, sea, and sand, simply by using an aqua painter and some ink from a stamp pad.  The sand pipers were stamped first with Jet Black Staz-On ink, and then the colors were added.  The card stock colors are Whisper White, Baked Brown Sugar, Pool Party, and Island Indigo. The sentiment is from the Best of Greetings set, part of the Best of 25 year collection. I love this font! This set is on my wish list for sure! Just the thought of "going coastal" helps me relax.  If I didn't have so much to do today, you'd find me at the beach!

Hope your weekend is relaxing and that you are enjoying all that summer has to offer!
Hugs,
Susan                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment