Monday, August 5, 2013

I survived!

Hello Stampers and Happy Monday!

I survived the weekend and I'm happy to be starting a fresh new week!  I've got loads of cleaning and laundry to do, but that's OK.  We had a great weekend with our girls and their families and the cousins all had so much fun with each other.  That made the chaos of 3 toddlers plus a seven-year-old all worthwhile.

I'm really excited about the new thinlit dies that make a "moveable" card so very easy.  These amazing dies cut and score the card with one pass through the Big Shot.  My order is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday by the end of the day, so if the man in the big brown truck comes through, I'll be able to demonstrate this great new product on Tuesday night at my Sketch-of-the-Month class.  I'll also be showing this fun new tool at my last summer weeknight class on Tuesday, August 20th, where we'll use it to create three fun flipping cards.

LPHeader_thinlits_Demo_7.19.13

Can you believe that our fleeting northwest summer is about halfway over?  How did it get to be August already?  Before summer 2013 is just a memory, let me share a pretty summery card with you...



I just love this Too Kind set from the new annual catalog  (page 71).  I used some Epic Day This and That Designer Paper (page 154) and card stock in Very Vanilla, Tangerine Tango, and Daffodil Delight.  The flowers were stamped in Daffodil Delight ink, then overstamped with the second image in Tangerine Tango.  
Gumball Green ink was used for the stems.  I pulled all the colors directly from the designer paper... an easy way to get a very coordinated-looking card.  I love how the stitched satin ribbon in Gumball Green adds a nice horizontal element to this fun layout.  The Chevron embossing folder (page 191) I used to add texture to the Daffodil Delight layer echoes the zig-zag pattern in the designer paper.  The sentiment (K is for kindness) is from the new A Round Array set ( page 126) and was punchedn out with the 7/8 " and 1 1/4 " scallop circle punches  (page 182),

Thanks for stopping by today.  May the week ahead be filled with sunshine, happy days, and lots of time to stamp.  The laundry will wait... stamping can raise your spirits better than a basket full of clean laundry, so I hereby give you permission to go for the fun!  

Please meet me back here on Wednesday, when I'll have more stamping inspiration to share!
Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment