Monday, July 1, 2013

Just Another Manic Monday!

Hello Stampers! Happy July to all!

I just love July for a number of reasons... good weather, being outside, wearing capris and sandals, my birthday (well, not the getting older part,  but the party part is good!), going to the beach, and all those other fun things that summer brings.  I think I detailed a lot of them in an earlier post, so we don't need to go through them again.

How is your Monday going?  Not too crazy, I hope!  Got some fun plans for the 4th?  We'll be getting together with our younger daughter and her family for some Fourth of July fun.  I hope you'll have a great celebration as well.  The card I'm showing you today is not red, white, and blue, but it does have red on it.  Does that count?   Here it is...



Despite the lack of blue, this card says "summer" to me.  I just love this new set called Polka Dot Pieces.
You can see it on page 85.  The card stock is Whisper White, Real Red, and Old Olive (for the solid green layer behind the stamped flower).  I stamped the flower three times in three different colors (Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Old Olive and punched each layer out to create the flower.  The butterfly is stamped in Old Olive and punched out with the Elegant Butterfly punch.  The greeting is from the new set Really Good Greetings ( page 38).  I stamped it on a white scrap in Old Olive and then punched it out with the 2 1/2 inch circle punch.  The Real Red background is textured with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and some Real Red Stitched Grosgrain ribbon adds the finishing touch.

Hope your Monday goes by smoothly and uneventfully!  Don't forget to come back on Wednesday for another classic card.
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment