Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Up, up, and away!

Hello stampers and happy Wednesday!

By the time you're reading this, I'm probably either in the air or on the ground in Salt Lake City for Stampin'Up!'s 25th Anniversary Celebration Convention.  "Wheels up" is 10 am and we arrive in SLC at 12:50 Mountain Time.  What a great way to spend my birthday!

I will do my best to post a few pictures from convention, but mostly I plan to just enjoy myself and get a lot of good stamping ideas to bring home to you.  I know you'd probably like to see a card today, so check out this pretty color combination... one that I've used before.



Stampin'Up! makes it so easy to come up with great color combinations!  Just pick one of their gorgeous collections of Designer Paper and pull colors from it.  Today I'm showing you the fabulous Eastern Elegance DSP ( p. 154) in Crushed Curry and Coastal Cabana.  I used the new embossing folder that coordinates with this paper, called Beautifully Baroque (p. 191).  I stamped some Crushed Curry scraps with the medallion from the new Happy Day stamp set (p. 112), then punched it out with the Blossom punch ( p. 183).  I stamped the medallion again in Coastal Cabana on a Coastal Cabana scrap, then punched it out with the 7/8 inch Scallop Circle punch p. 182).  The gorgeous new 3/4 " Chevron Ribbon in Crushed Curry provides a nice anchor for the flower.  To give the flower a bit more dimension, I punched out an additional flower (unstamped) and adhered it behind the stamped flower.  I cut between each petal and fluffed the petals. The layers of the flower are adhered with dimensionals. A flat flower is just not that appealing! Here's another hint that will help... When adhering an embellishment like this flower to a card, use dimensionals that will hit above and below the ribbon (if you are using a ribbon).  If you adhere your dimensional to the ribbon, I can almost guarantee that your flower will be floppy, and that's not pretty either.

I'm still not completely packed (I'm writing this on Tuesday evening), so I must run now.  Hope you'll all have a great Wednesday (try to keep cool!) and I'll look forward to sharing a bit with you on Friday.
Hugs to all!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment