Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Keeping it Clean and Simple

Hello stampers and Happy Wednesday!

One more day to the Big Bam Boom!  I'm not sure what it is about people in Oregon, but they seem to be firework crazy!  It doesn't matter how many times law enforcement types stress the dangers of fireworks.  When the 4th of July arrives, it sounds like a war zone around here.  And I don't think it's just in Sherwood, either.  Of course the testosterone-crazed rednecks in Sher-weird go all out with the illegal variety of fireworks that they buy in Vancouver.  I just don't get it!

Well, enough ranting about the nut-cases here in our little town.  I guess you probably didn't need or want to hear about it, as you probably have the same type of nut-cases in your very own neighborhood.  So let's just set all that aside and talk about stamping, card-making, and other gentle pursuits that have nothing to do with explosions.

Every once in a while I think it is good to make a clean and simple card, just to see if you can pull it off without ruffles, buttons, lace, doilies, bottle caps, glitter, pearls, rhinestones, and other embellishments.  The card I'm going to show you today was made for a recent demonstrator swap.  The theme was clean and simple, so I went to one of my favorite inspiration blogs www.cleanandsimplestamping.blogspot.com. I found this very simple layout there.



The colors are the new Strawberry Slush, Whisper White, and Gumball Green.
The stamp set is a great new hostess set called Happy Flowers (page 202).  The sentiment is from Chalk Talk, (page 12).  I embossed the colored layers with the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder and added some stitched satin ribbon in Gumball Green.  It was tough, but I successfully resisted the impulse to add pearls to the flower.

Why not challenge yourself to make a clean and simple card?  I think you'll enjoy how quickly a clean and simple card comes together!  A side benefit is that you can mail cards like this without fear that the envelope will rip or that your card will be mangled.
Have a great (and safe!) day tomorrow!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment