Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Monaco Wow Swap

Hello Stamping People and welcome back to The Classic Card!

Well, there went July!  It just rushed past us while we lolling in the shade, reading a good book.  Or maybe we were grooving at an outdoor concert and we didn't notice she was tiptoeing past us.  Oh well, never mind... we still have August to keep us company.  I hope you are loving the nice summery weather as much as I am!  I'm very grateful for every ray of sunshine we get! 

The great Stampin'Up! convention is over and done, but not forgotten.  A few years back--- it must have been about 3 years ago--- I met up with some fun demonstrators from Kansas City, Missouri.  Like me, they stay at the Hotel Monaco each year and we met at the daily wine hour in the lobby. Here they are, enjoying the newly redecorated space which was "revealed" on the last day of convention this year.  We weren't too happy to have our favorite meeting spot closed for four days, but thankfully they finished the renovation and we were able to enjoy the wine hour in the lobby (instead of in a suite on the 15th floor) on our last night in Salt Lake City.





From left to right, they are Dana, Jeri, Tammy, and Paula.  This year Dana had the idea of doing a "wow" swap with just the demonstrators who stay at the Monaco.  There are about 10 of us who make a point of reconnecting every year.   I'm sure there are actually more demos who stay there, but we just haven't "hung out" together.  Since everyone's definition of a "wow" swap is a bit different, I was hoping they'd like my card.  Here it is and I hope you'll like it too.



The stamps are from Everything Eleanor... one of the most popular sets in the new catalog.  The colors are Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White.  For the front panel, I used Brushed Silver card stock and embossed the flourish from Everything Eleanor with clear embossing powder.  I used the new Fancy Fan embossing folder on the vertical white banner.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and I've embellished card with pearls and Daffodil Delight seam binding.  I took my color scheme from page 39 of the new annual catalog--- love the yellow and gray together!  If you have any summer weddings to attend, this would be an elegant card for the bride and groom! 

Now that August is here, I'll be sending out my August Stampin'Up!date, so be looking for it in your inbox.  There are lots of opportunities to stamp with me in August and I hope to see you at one or more of my events.  I'll be back here on Friday with another classic card for you.  Meanwhile, why not go stamp something pretty?

Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment