Friday, August 24, 2012

Just a Hint of Fall

Hello stampers!  Hurray, it's Friday!

I don't know whether you've noticed it or not, but there is a hint of fall in the air.  The days are cooler, the nights are growing longer, and we are on that long slide into September.  While I wish summer could last at least another month, I have to admit that I love fall too!  I love it when we have cool sunny days (but more often than not it seems like we have cool rainy days).  Of course I love the glorious fall trees in their gorgeous fall outfits... who doesn't?  Raking the leaves??  Not so much.
But ready or not, fall is on its way! 

Today I've got a cute little treat that you could share with your co-workers, children, grandchildren or anyone who loves chocolate.  This little double pocket treat holder is quick and easy to make.  I received this at a swap I participated in a few weeks ago. Marcy Morris was the creator.  Check it out...



A little cutting, scoring, and folding and you have a great little holder that stands up all by itself.  While this one is done in a Halloween theme, you could make these for any holiday.  What a great placecard this would make for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner and what guest wouldn't love a little chocolate to take home?  There's a pocket on the back too, so there's room for two chocolates.  This double pocket holder can also be made in a larger size and makes a wonderful holder for cards and envelopes.  Made with some pretty DSP and filled with matching cards and envelopes, it makes a lovely hostess gift, in case you are lucky enough to have someone else cooking your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner this year.  If you'd like to learn how to make this fun little package, book a stamping party with me and I'll show you and your friends how it is done. 

Next Tuesday, August 28th, is my Technique Tuesday class where you'll learn some fun new stamping ideas.  You're going to learn to make a rosette using the Designer Rosette Bigz XL Die and I've also got some other Big Shot ideas to share as well.  You'll get a chance to use the Watercolor Wonder Crayons too!  If you haven't tried them yet, you are going to love using them.  They make coloring so much easier.  They glide on and make everyone a pro at coloring.  There are two sessions... one from 2-4:30 and an evening session from 7-9.  I still have a few seats at each session, so send me a quick email (sjrstamps@gmail.com)  and I'll reserve a seat for you!  The cost is only $5... which is a steal of a deal for a class like this. 

Enjoy your weekend and don't forget to come back and visit on Monday, when I'll have another classic card for you!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment