Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Late Summer Flowers

Hello Stampers! 
Welcome back to The Classic Card.

Hope your Wednesday is off to a great start! 

Every year I plant some of those "shake and grow" garden seeds... a mix of all sorts of seeds that you just scatter on the soil, lightly rake, and then water.  It is a mixture of Cosmos, Zinnias, Bachelor Buttons, Columbine, Lupine, Daisies, and some unknown varieties.  I think there must be a few weed seeds in there too, judging from what has sprung up in my raised garden bed.  Because of our cool summers here in Oregon, it takes all of July and most of August before I see many blooms, but finally I have a few flowers to cut.  Is there anything more charming than a canning jar full of old-fashioned flowers like your grandmother used to grow?   There are no florist's beauties here, just some bright and pretty everyday flowers perfect for filling a canning jar.

I've got the perfect card to go along with my canning jar of flowers!  Check it out!


 

The color scheme here is just right for late summer--- Riding Hood Red and More Mustard with Old Olive.  The jar is stamped in Baja Breeze.  The stamp set is called Perfectly Preserved and can be found on page 29 of the Holiday Mini Catalog.  I just love the font of the sentiment... a fun new set called Sassy Salutations that you can find on page 143 of the big annual catalog. 

If you attended the afternoon or evening session of my technique class yesterday, many thanks for joining me!  I hope you had a relaxing time and learned a couple of things that will add more fun to your card-making.  I've got a busy day ahead and I'm sure you do too, so thanks for stopping by for a visit!  Don't forget to come back and see me again on Friday for another bit of inspiration.

Create something pretty today!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment