Friday, August 3, 2012

Sunshine and Blue Skies Ahead

Hello stamping friends!  Happy Friday to one and all!

 Hurray!  It's almost the weekend and a fine one it is shaping up to be, with plenty of sunshine and blue skies... two of my very favorite things.  And while I love the warmth of golden sunshine and the cool azure of the sky together, yellow and blue aren't my favorite colors for home decor.  I know they look stunning together, but I guess my problem is that I'm just not a" blue person." Maybe that comes from my mom, who is totally into blue.  When I was growing up, there was plenty of blue (she collected blue and white china) and maybe I just got sick of it.  So when I grew up and started picking our things for my own home, I steered completely away from blue. But I must admit that blue and yellow look pretty together, as this photo proves.






My arrangement of hydrangeas and sunflowers reminded me that perhaps I should consider combining blue and yellow in a card.  So when I started looking around for ideas for one of my convention swaps, I decided to try out the yellow/blue combination with Summer Starfruit and Midnight Muse--- our newest yellow and blue In-colors.   Here's my card...


I used the new Blooming with Kindness set from the big annual catalog ( page 87) which includes a wonderful selection of elegant, scrolly sentiments.  I love it when a great image, such as this chrysanthemum, is combined with beautiful sentiments in the same set.  I used Very Vanilla and Summer Starfruit card stock.  The DSP is from the Designer Paper Stack in the 2012-2014 In-Colors ( p. 162).  I embossed the background panel with the new Fancy Fan embossing folder and added  some Summer Starfruit and Midnight Muse Stitched Satin ribbon,  tied in a simple knot, at the top. Now I've decided that while I'm still not into blue for home decor, I do love sunshine and blue skies on my cards!

So how about you?  What are your favorite color combinations for summery cards?  Do you hear your yellow and blue stamp pads calling out to you?  Maybe it's time to go stamp something pretty!
 Don't forget to come back on Monday, when I will hopefully have a new card for you.  Just a heads-up, though.... the grandchildren are arriving on Sunday and who knows what Monday will bring.  If I'm "MIA" on Monday, you'll know I'm busy in the kitchen, cooking up lots of macaroni and cheese... the twins' favorite food at the moment. 
Happy weekend everyone!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment