Friday, August 31, 2012

Fun in a Jar

Hello Stampers!
Thanks for stopping by today!

Well, the last big holiday weekend of the summer is here.  I can't believe how quickly the months of July and August have flown by, but here we are at Labor Day Weekend.  I hope you have something fun lined up!

This is going to be a very quick post today, as I have a lot to do today--- as usual.  But I did want to show you this fun card I made a couple of days ago to show off the Perfectly Preserved stamp set and matching Cannery Set Framelit dies.  You can find these cute products on page 29 of the Holiday Mini catalog. 

Take a look...


 

 
The colors here are Early Espresso, More Mustard, and Very Vanilla for the card stock.  And of course I used the same colors for my ink, with the addition of Baja Breeze for the jar.  I used the framelits to cut ou the jar, the jar lid, the pear, and the stem for the pear.  The cutting was so quick and easy to do because I stamped all of my images on one sheet of paper, then lined up the matching framelit on top of each image, covered each one with a post-it note to hold it in place, and then ran it through the Big Shot, which cut all the images in one pass through the machine.  I used one of the Label Framelits as the background for my jar and sponged the edges with Early Espresso.  The Square Lattice Embossing Folder gives a nice texture to my Early Espresso background and some
Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper adds more color and pattern.  A piece of Early Espresso baker's twine wrapped around the jar lid adds the perfect finishing touch. 
 
What a fun card, and yet it didn't take long to make at all with the help of my trusty Big Shot!  If you'd like to get a Big Shot for half off (49.98), just book a party with me and when your sales reach $400, you'll earn one item at 50% off.  Plus at the $400 level you'll also get $65 in hostess dollars to spend on anything in the catalog!  I've got lots of dates open in October and November, so send me a quick email at sjrstamps@gmail.com and we'll pick a date that works for you.  What could be more fun than a morning, afternoon, or evening spent stamping and being creative with friends?  And at the end of the party YOU get the free goodies!
 
I'm off to the races now!  Hope everyone has a safe and happy Labor Day Weekend!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment