Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bright Blooms

Hello my friends! 
How did it get to be Wednesday already?  I'm not happy that this summer is just zipping by, but I can't think of anything I can do to stop that from happening, can you?  I'm so happy to be wearing my summer uniform of short-sleeved tops, capris, and sandals that I don't want it to ever end!  I will hold out until the rain starts, then I will be forced to put my sandals away but I won't give in until then!
At the beginning of summer I vowed to sit on the porch each morning with a cup of coffee and the newspaper.  As it has turned out, though, I'm way too busy to be a porch-sitter.  As I see summer slipping away, I've decided I need to take just 15 minutes each morning for this summertime ritual. 
I hope you'll find some time to get outside as well.  There's nothing more restorative than spending time outdoors in the fresh air, reveling in the sights and sounds of nature. 

As promised on Monday, I have another summery card for you today.  This is a CASE (which stands for "copy and share everything") of a card I received at convention from Kristie O'Keeffe of Topeka, Kansas.  I changed a few things... added more leaves and flowers, embossed the Lucky Limeaid panel, omitted some DSP and butterflies, and changed out the ribbon, but her card definitely inspired me.   Take a look at this pretty card...



If you are planning on coming to the Stamping Fiesta on Thursday night, you'll be making this bright and colorful card!   I realize that flowers don't really come in those colors, but it sure was fun to get out the brightest colors in the Stampin'Up! catalog and stamp away!  For the flowers I used Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry, and Tempting Turquoise.  The green is my new favorite, Lucky Limeaid.  The ribbon is Tangerine Tango.  The stamp set is called Summer Silhouettes (p. 82) and the greeting is from Pursuit of Happiness ( p. 140).  The frame for the sentiment is from Four Frames (p. 124)  and is stamped in Tangerine Tango.  The sentiment is stamped in Rich Razzleberry.  This is a fairly quick and easy card, yet I love how the color combination, along with the repetition of dots (on the background panel, frame, ribbon, and dotty flowers) give it a cohesive look. 

I hope you'll take some time out of your busy schedule to live in the sunshine before Summer 2012 is just a memory!  Have a wonder-full Wednesday and be sure to come back for a visit on Friday! 

Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment