Saturday, August 18, 2012

Something tall, cool, and frosty...

Hello Stampers and happy Saturday to one and all!

I hope your Saturday is shaping up to be a relaxing day, because it's just too hot to take on any big projects, such as weeding, mowing, or even heavy house-cleaning.  You have my permission to pour yourself a tall cool drink and loll about the house (or the garden, if you stay in the shade) and read a good book or whatever else you'd like to do.  While you are lolling, don't feel the least bit guilty.  It is proven that people who take regular breaks from their work routine are actually more productive.  So think of it as a "productivity improvement day."   Here's a favorite quote of mine:  "How pleasant it is to do nothing, then rest afterwards."  However, those of you who know me well know that I very seldom rest.  Workaholism is one of my biggest faults.  I try to work on it, but I'm just not good at lounging around.  I think it is all my mother's fault.  She was a big promoter of work, work, work when I was growing up.  It is always good to have someone to blame for one's faults, yes?

In case you were wondering about the title of this entry, "something tall, cool, and frosty" that doesn't just apply to the drink I was suggesting in the above paragraph... it also applies to the card I have to show you today.  And yes, the subject is tall, cool-looking, and frosty!!  Check it out.....




Sorry if you were expecting a card featuring a mai-tai or another tropical drink, but you have to admit... trees covered in snow are tall, cool, and frosty too!   This is another one of the cards I received at the shoebox swap for demonstrators that I attended recently.  This cool card was stamped by Kim Wright, one of the stampers in my downline.  I'm a big fan of monochromatic cards--- I just love the simplicity of them.  Let me list some of the supplies Kim used on her card:

  * Snow Festival DSP ( for the background), p. 10 of the Holiday Mini
  *Evergreen stamp set, page 18 of the Holiday Mini
  * White embossing powder, page 159 of the big catalog
  *Whisper White organza ribbon, p. 173 of the big catalog.
  * and of course Baja Breeze and Whisper White card stock

Kim stamped the tree in Baja Breeze, them overstamped the tree with Versamark ink, then embossed with white embossing powder.  This would be another quick and easy card to create for the upcoming holidays.

OK, stamping people... that's it for today!  I'm busily working on cards for upcoming classes and events!  I hope to wow you on Technique Tuesday, August 28th!  Please let me know if you'd like to attend the afternoon session ( 2- 4:30) or the evening session (7-9 pm) by sending me a quick email to sjrstamps@gmail.com.   Don't forget to come back on Monday for another visit!

Happy lounging!
Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment