Monday, July 30, 2012

Happiness is like Jam....

Happiness is like jam.  You can't spread even a little without getting some on yourself.  Anonymous
                                                                                                                

Hello stampers and welcome back to The Classic Card!  How was your weekend?  Did you manage to spread some happiness around?  If not, you can start right now, this very day!  Get out one of the fantastic cards you've made and send it off to someone who needs to know that you're thinking of them.... someone who needs your love and care.  We all know someone like that.  In fact, we all know many people who need a little lift!  So don't delay.  This old world needs kindness and happiness more than ever. 

When I make a mental list of what brings me happiness, of course my family is at the top of the list, especially my adorable grandchildren.  But running close behind is sunny, summery weather.  There's only one more day in July after today... then August will be here and soon Summer 2012 will be just a memory.  So get outside while you can.  Eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner outside!  Walk around your neighborhood or go for a hike.  Take advantage of U-Pick berry farms, farmer's markets, outdoor concerts, movies in the park, etc.  Eat watermelon, peaches, and yummy produce!  Get outside and grill!  Don't forget to pack a picnic and go to the beach.  That's an essential part of summer.  While you're there, eat carmel corn, saltwater taffy, or an ice cream cone.  Do all the summer stuff you can, while you can!  OK... that's my plug for summer! 

Now back to another thing that brings me a lot of happiness.... that would be you, my fantastic customers.  Without you, I wouldn't get to have this amazing "job" that allows me to get up every day and create with stamps, ink, and paper.  After 11 years, I still love stamping and helping you create beautiful "works of heart." 

By now, you're probably wondering "Is she ever going to get to the card?"  Well, yes I am.  How about right now....


Isn't this just a fabulous card?  I wish I could take credit for its well-balanced composition, great mix of patterns, and just over-all cuteness, but I have to admit that this came straight off a display board at convention.  The shapes were cut with the Label Framelits and the DSP is from Be of Good Cheer (in the big annual catalog).  The candy canes and sentiment are from the "Chock Full of Cheer" set on page 10 of the annual catalog.  The colors are taken directly from the DSP... Cherry Cobbler and Gumball Green.  If you think I'm crazy for showing you a Christmas card in July, think again.  I'm just helping you get in the mood for starting your cards early this year.  You'll thank me, come November when you can sit back with a smug smile on your face, knowing that your cards are all completed and ready to mail out on December 1st. 

Well, stamping friends, I'm off to my monthly SOS (Stamp Out Stress) group, which meets the last Monday of the month at 1 pm at Symposium Coffee in Old Town Sherwood.  We sit and chat, drink coffee, and create some great cards.  It is a relaxing way to spend a summer afternoon (or a winter one, for that matter).  Thanks for stopping by today!   Now please go send a card and spread some happiness! 
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment