Monday, August 13, 2012

Clean and Simple Christmas...

Hello Stamping Friends!

Welcome to Monday and another post at The Classic Card!

Well, our Seattle family has packed up and gone home (yesterday) and we are getting back to normal around here, which means that the house is now pretty clean and awfully quiet.  No more pitter-patter of little feet, no more little voices calling for Oma and Opa.  It was a great visit though and we did lots of fun things. While they were here we celebrated the twins' third birthday a little early with cake and lots of presents. I did very little stamping for a whole week, which was a nice break from the hamster wheel I've been running on since I got back from the Stampin'Up! convention.  Now the pace picks back up with lots of fun stamping events on my calendar. I hope I'll see you at a stamping party soon!

I hate to be the one to remind you, but the holidays are sneaking up on us, even as I write.  Will this be the year that you finally get your cards completed before Halloween?  I've got a clean and simple Christmas card for you today that just might make that dream a reality.  I received this card at the recent Holiday Mini-catalog Shoebox Swap that I attended.  This great card is the creation of Linda Arnold, a fellow Stampin'Up! demonstrator and I just love the simplicity of it.




Here's a quick list of some of the products she used:  The ornaments are from the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set, page 3 of the Holiday Mini.  They're stamped in Real Red, Gumball Green, and Daffodil Delight.  The saying is from the More Merry Messages set in the big annual catalog (page 15).  The smallest ornament is cut using the framelits that match the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set (page 3 of the Holiday Mini).  Here's a great idea... you can purchase the stamp set and matching framelit dies as a bundle and save $7.95 in the process.  With that savings of $7.95, you could purchase one of the new embossing folders on pages 6,7, or 33 of the Holiday Mini.  The only embellishment is a rhinestone on each of the ornaments.  How easy is that?  You could make this card in quantity and not even break a sweat!  The stamping is simple and straightforward... nothing complicated here... and yet it is a very attractive card.

That's it for today, stampers!  I'm busily working on cards for upcoming parties.  If you'd like to join me on Saturday at Elena's party, please send me a quick email at sjrstamps@gmail.com and I'll add your name to the list.  The start time is 3pm at my home in Sherwood and the cards are going to be great fun to make! 

Happy Monday and keep cool!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment