Monday, August 20, 2012

The Colors of Summer

Hello stampers!  Thanks for stopping by The Classic Card today!

I hate to remind you, but have you noticed the signs of the coming Fall?  For one thing, it sure is getting dark earlier.  I've also noticed that some of the trees in the greenspace are starting to drop a few leaves.  The bullfrogs in our pond are silent now (that always happens in late summer) and the hydrangeas are almost done blooming.  I wish summer could last longer, but here in Oregon we have to face the fact that summer is a very short-lived season... sigh!

I'm not quite ready to give up on summery cards just yet, though.  I'm still enjoying the blues of the sky, the warm yellows of the sun, and in today's card, the rich berry tones of ripening blackberries, marionberries, and raspberries.  Check out the card I have for you today and see if you agree that Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight, and Rich Razzleberry make a delightful color combination for a summer card.



I apologize for the crooked photo... I sure thought it was straight when I took it!  I pulled the colors directly from the designer paper called Floral District.  You can see all the great patterns/colors in this collection on page 163 of the big catalog.  The stamp set is called Lacy and Lovely and you can check it out on page 99 of the big catalog.  The great thing about this set is that it has not only great images which layer together nicely, but it also features some nice sentiments... Hello," "Thank You," and "Miss You."  I love it when a set has both images and words... so convenient!  I stamped the largest lace circle in Daffodil delight, then punched it out with the 2 3/8 in Scallop Circle Punch.  I stamped the next layer in Rich Razzleberry and punched it out with the 1 3/4 inch Circle Punch.  The top layer is stamped in Baja Breeze and is punched out with the 1 inch Circle Punch. 
All the stamped layers are placed on top of a flower shape, cut from Rich Razzleberry card stock with the Floral Frames Framelits (p. 191 of the big catalog) and then all four layers are held together with a Pool Party Printed Brad ( p. 174 of the big catalog). The sentiment is stamped in Rich Razzleberry and a bit of Stitched Grosgrain ribbon in Rich Razzleberry adds a nice finishing touch.  I love this color combination, but don't think I would have thought to combine these colors on my own.  That's where the Designer Series Paper (DSP) comes in handy, as each collection gives wonderful inspiration for unusual color combinations.

May your Monday go smoothly and may your week be off to a great start.  Please come back and visit with me again on Wednesday, when I'll be sharing another summery card with you. 
Happy Stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment