Monday, September 3, 2012

Laboring on Labor Day

Hello stampers and happy Labor Day!

I'm hoping you are enjoying a relaxing Labor Day weekend.  I have to admit that while I admonished all of you to kick back and just enjoy some well-deserved time off, I'm working, working, working on cards and a display for my Jingle Bell Jump event that is happening next Saturday, September 8th at my house.  To be honest, I've taken some time off from stamping this weekend too, but now it is crunch time and I've got work to do before next Saturday's event.

Since I think of Labor Day as the end of summer, I've got one last summery card for you today.  I know fall doesn't officially start until the 22nd, but Labor Day has always marked the end of summer for me since school started shortly thereafter.  It still seems strange to me that I won't be heading back to the library tomorrow! 

OK, enough rambling... here's the card


Isn't this an interesting card?  It was a make-and-take at our last demonstrator meeting and was designed by Kathy Milano.  We had fun tearing the card stock for the sand and sea-foam and punching the circles from More Mustard card stock for the sun.  The stamp set is called By the Seashore and can be found on page 93 of the annual catalog.  The card is Baja Breeze, the sand is Crumb Cake, and the sea-foam is Very Vanilla.  The shell is stamped in Baja Breeze on Very Vanilla and the starfish is stamped in More Mustard.  The sentiment is from Blooming with Kindness, page 87 of the annual catalog.

After today, I'll be moving on into fall cards and Christmas cards.  I hope you are planning on joining me for my annual Jingle Bell Jump this coming Saturday, Sept. 8th.  I've got plenty of room for you and a friend in my afternoon session.  Please drop me a quick email (sjrstamps@gmail.com) so I'll know you are coming!

Enjoy today and this glorious weather and don't forget to come back on Wednesday for another classic card.
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment