Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Wake Up and Drink the Coffee

Hello stampers and welcome to my Tuesday blog!

Are you a coffee lover?  If so, you have a lot of company here in the great Northwest, where sometimes coffee is the only thing that keeps us moving through day after day of gray skies, rain, and chilly weather.  I do love my coffee, but I hate to admit that most of the time I'm a wimp and order decaf.  I've found that even one cup of real coffee after lunchtime can keep me awake most of the night.  Not fun.  Back in the day, I could drink coffee with the best of them, with no ill effects.  It must be old age setting in. 

Today's card features the fun set Morning Cup.  Check it out....

You can find the Morning Cup set on page 54 of the big catalog.  If you don't already own this cute set, you might want to add it to your next order, as it can be used to make all sorts of fun coffee and tea cards.  This set would also be perfect to use when making gift card holders.  What a great way to give a Starbucks card to a friend! Who wouldn't love getting a fun card  like this, with a removeable bookmark on the front?  This card was designed to be a "manly" card, but I think anyone would like it.  The bookmark is cut from Crumb Cake card stock with the Two Tags die for the Big Shot.  (page 222).  It is adhered to the card with a tiny bit of adhesive, so that it can be removed easily. The base of the card is made with Crumb Cake card stock as well.  The handsome striped designer paper is from the Mocha Morning specialty collection, found on page 183 of the big catalog.  This great collection features some beautiful flocked papers as well as regular printed designs.  You'll be able to make some striking cards if you have this paper in your stash. And yes, I admit that the fibers on the top of the bookmark are not Stampin'Up!  But for this card, I wanted something more masculine and I think the hairy looking fibers give it that "man card" look I was going after.

It looks like it's going to be a beautiful fall day out there, so I hope you'll make some time to get outside and enjoy the sunshine!  Meet me back here tomorrow for another classic card.
Thanks for stopping by!
Susan





No comments:

Post a Comment