Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

Hello stampers and welcome to another week of The Classic Card!

I don't know about you, but I can hardly believe that it is the end of October already.  Will somebody please drag their feet with me and maybe we can slow this mad whirl of days down a bit.  It's kind of like a merry-go-round that is going too fast.  A glance out my stamp room window this morning shows blue skies and pretty fall trees that look so much more vibrant in the sunshine.  I hope that you are enjoying a spot of sun this morning as well!

Since today is Halloween, I've got just the card for you.  It is a little something different, using a Letterpress Plate for the Big Shot. 


You can find the Letterpress Plates for the Big Shot on page 217 of the big catalog.  We haven't played with these much at stamping parties, but they give the look of a card printed on an old-world letterpress.  The image is debossed (pressed down into the paper).  If you've ever been to Oblation Papers in Bridgeport Village, you know how expensive this type of card is.  You'd be shocked to see that they run $5 and up just for a simple card with no embellishments.  With your Big Shot and a Letterpress Plate ( $5.95- $7.95), you can easily achieve this high-end look. 

I inked the words "Trick or Treat" with a Pumpkin Pie Craft spot (the small ink pads) and the trim with an Old Olive craft spot.  You must use craft ink (pigment-based) with the Letterpress Plates.  The card is then "printed" ( run through the Big Shot) on watercolor paper (p. 181).  After printing, dry the craft ink with a heat gun, then set your card front aside for a while to cool.  I adhered my letterpressed focal panel to a Chocolate Chip card and added some Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive grosgrain ribbon to repeat the colors of my printing. 

Speaking of Trick or Treat... do you have plenty of candy for tonight, or have you been raiding your supply? I have found a great way to stay away from the Halloween candy.  I only buy candy I don't like... that way I'm not tempted to sample it.  So I have all 285 Tootsie Roll pops ready for the little goblins tonight.

Have a great Monday everyone and meet me back here tomorrow for another classic card.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment