Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tea Time

Happy Wednesday, stamping friends, and welcome back to my blog.  I wish you could come in and join me for a nice hot cup of tea on a blustery fall day.  It would warm us inside and out as we chatted about stamping and our latest creations. 

On a recent trip to the grocery store, I shopped the tea aisle and stocked up on some of my favorite teas, like Constant Comment (orange spice), Earl Grey (bergamot), and Sleepy Time Extra (with camomile and valerian to help me get to sleep on the nights when the sandman just can't seem to find me).  With our weather taking a turn for the worse, this might be a good time to stock up on tea for your household as well.  There's nothing like a comforting cup of hot tea in the afternoon to take the rough edges off the day.  If you invite a friend to stop by and join you, you'll have a spot of brightness in what might have been a lackluster day.

Speaking of tea, Stampin'Up! is coming out with a new product suite called Tea Shoppe and you'll be able to see it in January, when the new Occasions Mini-catalog comes out.  I've seen some sneak peeks of it and you will LOVE it.  Meanwhile, we have the cute Morning Cup (p.54) set to play with.  Today's card is a "girly" card featuring this same set.  Unlike yesterday's manly card with the hairy fibers, this one is accented with lace and taffeta...so feminine!  We made both of these cards at a recent "Coffeehouse Crafternoon" at Symposium Coffee here in Sherwood Oregon.  We had a nice room upstairs all to ourselves and sipped our lattes while we created.  We had a great time just relaxing and creating.  If you'd like to join us next time, watch your email inbox.  I'll be doing another one soon.  Here is today's card:



Again, I used the Mocha Morning Specialty paper (p. 183), but this time a flowery design instead of the stripes I used on the manly card. The base of the card is Very Vanilla card stock (p. 180).  The Two Tags Die (p. 222) was used again to cut the bookmark in Crumb Cake card stock (p. 180).  I used Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon (p. 195) and the Chantilly crochet trim (p. 194) for the top.

 I know you have a friend who would love to receive this card in the mail.  Then she'll be able to remove the bookmark and every time she uses it, she'll think of you... her "tea-riffic" friend.  To make the card even more fun, you could tuck a tea bag inside (use a glue dot on the back of the wrapper).  If you wanted to make this into a gift card holder, you could  make a little pocket by gluing a strip of cardstock inside at the bottom of the card and sliding the gift card into it.  There are lots of possibilities with this stamp set!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!  Hope you can take time for a "spot of tea" as the British say and I hope you'll come back tomorrow to see what I have in store to spark your imagination.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment