Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Little Birdy Told Me...

Hey there, stampers!  Welcome back!

A little birdy told me that Christmas is just around the corner.  No need to panic, though, but there is reason to start thinking about it, planning for it, and thinking about ways you can simplify the Christmas season for yourself so that you have time to enjoy it.  In years past, the holidays from Thanksgiving to New Years were a blur for me.  I had so many lists (Christmas card list, shopping lists, grocery lists, decorating lists, guest lists) that I almost needed a list of my lists.  Now that I'm retired there's the temptation to continue to go "all out" during the holidays, but I'm making a real effort to resist that temptation, and I hope I can persuade you to join me in a simpler, saner holiday season.

One way to start simplifying is to pick a simple design for your cards this year.  If you're at all like me, you might want to make stamping your cards into some type of competitive event, with a fabulous design, lots of layers, heat-embossing, lots of embellishments, etc.  But really, the whole point of sending a Christmas card is to reconnect with friends near and far and convey to them that you are thinking of them and sending good wishes to them.  And when you consider that your efforts might be appreciated for a few minutes, displayed for a couple of weeks, and then recycled... it really doesn't make a lot of sense to work yourself into a frenzy over them.

Here's a pretty card that has a great classic look that you can easily make in quantity. 


I've used my favorite Christmas color combination on this card--- Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, and Old Olive.  The stamp set is Language of Friendship (page 101).  In clear-mount, this stamp set sells for a mere $11.95.  The coordinating punch, Bird Builder Punch is on page 213.  This little bird looks great in Cherry Cobbler for Christmas, but he'd look great in blue for a spring card or yellow for a summer card, making this a very versatile set. The punched circle is from a new die for the Big Shot called Perfect Pennants (page 221).  I made the "ribbon" from Old Olive card stock and embossed it with the new Snow Burst die that's in the Holiday-Mini catalog at the bottom of page 33.  The sentiment "welcome Christmas into your heart" is from the set Heard from the Heart (page 167).  The only ink you'll need for this card is a Basic Black stamp pad (page 180). 

Should you want to order the supplies to make this card, give me a call and I'll get everything ordered for you.  You can also shop 24/7 at my Stampin'Up! site which you can find at http://www.susanrodgers.stampinup.net/

Thanks for stopping by today.  I'm sorry that I won't have a post for you on Thursday, but the grandchildren are coming for a visit and I know I won't have time to blog.  But I'll be back soon with more stamping fun.
Have a great Wednesday!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment