Monday, October 10, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays

Hello stamping friends!  Welcome to another week of my blog.

I know I'm old, you know I'm old, (maybe you're old too), so there's no sense in pretending that I've never heard of the Carpenters or the song "Rainy Days and Mondays."  As I gaze out my stamp room window, I can't help but think of that song.  Yes, it is raining and yes, it is Monday, but I'm not going to let those two facts get me down.  I'm just going to turn all the lights on and stamp away the gloom.  If you have the chance, I suggest that you do the same.  We can stamp up some cheerful cards with happy colors and I'm sure we'll all feel better for it!

I'm off to babysit the newest grandchild this morning, little Allie, who is just 5 weeks old, so this will be a rather short post.  But before I go, I've got a card for you.  I can't say this is over the top bright and cheerful, but it is pretty, in a vintage-y way.

The colors here are Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede.  The base of the card is embossed with the Framed Tulips embossing folder (page 218).  Then the stamped panel is layered on top.  It is stamped with the large Hello Doily background stamp (page 150) in Crumb Cake.  Then the flowers (Field Flowers, page 120) are stamped over the doily with Soft Suede.  The sentiment is from Petite Pairs ( page 164).  Some Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon (page 195) adds a pretty touch.  The two punches I used for the sentiment (large oval and scalloped oval) can be found on pages 212 and 210 of the big catalog. 

This card is a CASE (stands for Copy And Steal Everything) of a card I saw elsewhere.  I'm not really sure who the original creator was, but if I knew, I'd give them credit.  I tweaked the colors and added the sentiment.  That being said, there are a LOT of cards out there with this same idea... the doily background with something stamped over it.  Why not get out your stamps and ink and create your own version of this card?  It would make a great birthday, thank you, thinking of you, or sympathy card. 

Make it a great rainy Monday!  Thanks for stopping in and I'll see you back here tomorrow for more stamping chat and ideas. 
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment