Monday, October 17, 2011

Blooming Happiness

Hello Stampers and welcome back to my blog!

Sorry for the break in blogging, but in an effort to achieve balance in my life, sometimes I have to let stamping take a back seat. Hopefully, this will be a week of uninterrupted blogging, as I have nothing on my calendar that will keep me away from my computer. 

Yesterday I was able to get out in the garden for a few minutes and I took the time to cut some flowers from my very small (and quite bedraggled-looking) raised beds where I scattered some miscellaneous flower seeds last spring.  I think the container said "Cottage Garden" or something like that.  Anyway, the cosmos are still blooming, along with some daisy-like flowers that I don't know the name of and I was able to pick quite a pretty bouquet.  I thought that was pretty amazing for mid-October.  As I was cutting the flowers, I was reminded how much I love them and how much happiness flowers bring into our lives. I wish I had flowers all year, but my yard will soon be bare. Soon the only flowers I'll have will be from the store.  Even if I can't always treat myself to a big bouquet, I can always pick up a few to remind myself that somewhere, flowers are in bloom.

Of course you must have figured out by now that today's card has something to do with my love of flowers.  If you looked into the cupboards where I store my stamps, you would discover that flowers are well-represented there.  I don't think I'll ever have enough flowery stamp sets... I just keep collecting them !

Here's the card....



The colors on today's card are Tangerine Tango, More Mustard, Old Olive, and Chocolate Chip and I love the way these colors combine to make a card that has a fall flavor.  The stamp set is Fabulous Florets (page 107).  This great set was in the Summer Mini-catalog and I'm so happy it crossed over into the big catalog.
The sentiment "the earth laughs in flowers" ( e.e. cummings) is perfect on this card.  If you need some quick cards, this set makes quick stamping a breeze!  Just pick out some coordinating colors and stamp up a beautiful collage of flowers.  Then all you have to do to finish is to add the sentiment of your choice to the center (it could be a birthday, sympathy, wedding, congratulations, or just about any other kind of card)  and you'll be finished in just minutes.  Don't forget to show the envelope a little love as well by stamping on the corner and/or the back flap.  I love a clean and classic card like this--- no extensive layering, no embellishments to worry about when mailing it, and no time-consuming assembly--- but it is still a pretty card that you can be proud of sending to brighten someone's day. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great Monday and a great week!
Happy stamping!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment