Friday, October 7, 2011

Finally Friday!

Welcome back to my blog and welcome to Friday!

I'm sure that Friday is the most longed-for day of the week, and with good reason.  Even for those of us who are retired, Friday signals the start of the weekend and the fun and activities that weekends bring.  Speaking of fun activities... I have one for you!  You are invited to join a great group of stampers this Sunday at my house for some Christmas card-making fun.  You'll make two great cards (I'll show you one of them shortly), and you'll also have time to pick out a design for your Christmas cards so you can get started on them early this year.  Then on October 30th, we'll gather again for a work session where you'll cut, stamp, and start assembling your cards. At this session, you'll be able to use all of my tools, such as paper cutter, Big Shot, Big Shot dies, puches... the works!  I will jump in and help you if you'd like so it will go more quickly.  Cost for the two classes is only $15 total.  That works out to $7.50 per session.  That is a great bargain, stampers!

Here is one of the cards you'll make:

The colors on this beauty are Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, and Always Artichoke, making for a rich and classic card.  I'll show you a fun technique where you'll ink the raised portion of the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, then run it through the Big Shot to produce this awesome background.  This would be a quick card to create in quantity, as there isn't a lot of stamping... just stamp three times and you're done!  The greeting is punched out, so that is quick and simple too.  The stamp set is Welcome Christmas and can be found on page 36 of the "big" catalog.  The sentiment "Joy at Christmas" is from the stamp set Perfect Punches, which is on page 140 of the catalog.  It is punched out with the 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch and the 1 3/8" Circle Punch (punches are on pages 210-213). Add a bit of Cherry Cobbler seam binding, found on page 195 and you have a card you'd be proud to send!

Enjoy the weekend stampers!  I hope you'll make time to stamp something pretty!  If you'd like to join me for the Countdown to Christmas class this Sunday, please email me at sjrstamps@gmail.com  I've got a couple of spots left!

Thanks for stopping by today and I'll see you back here on Monday for some new card ideas.
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment