Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Change of Pace

Hello there!  Welcome to Thursday's blog post!

Are you one of those people who are easily bored?  Are you always looking for something new... whether it's a new restaurant, new recipe, new place to visit, or maybe just a new card design?  I have to admit that I get very tired of the standard card format of a 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 folded card that opens on the left.  So when I find a different fold, different size, or something that varies a bit from the "same old, same old" card format, I'm one happy stamper!

And today I have a great card for you that will provide a refreshing change of pace.  Check it out---


This fun design folds out when you pull down on the point at the bottom. It opens out to reveal the center panel which is glued to the base.  This panel is stamped with the greeting.  We've made this type of card at some of my events in the past and I'm thinking I need to include this design in one of my upcoming classes or parties.  The theme can be varied to suit the occasion, but I especially like this format for children's birthday cards. 

The base of this card starts off with the Scalloped Square (p. 223, cut with the Big Shot) in Early Espresso card stock (p. 180). The folded layer on top is Crumb Cake card stock (p. 180)  stamped randomly in Cherry Cobbler ink (p. 179) with the medallion from the Artistic Etchings stamp set (p. 129).  The focal point is Very Vanilla card stock (p. 180) stamped with the En Francais background stamp (p. 151) in Crumb Cake ink (p. 180), then overstamped with images from the Artistic Etchings set (p. 129).  The Eiffel Tower is stamped in Early Espresso ink (p. 180) and the medallion image is stamped in Cherry Cobbler (p. 179).The focal panel is layered onto a panel of Cherry Cobbler card stock (p. 179) and is accented with a bit of Early Espresso grosgrain ribbon (p. 195).

So there you have it stampers, a fun card that is different from the usual to help relieve a case of stamper's boredom!  If you would like the directions for creating this folded masterpiece, please send me an email at sjrstamps@gmail.com and I will email you the instructions. 

Thanks for stopping in today and I'll see you back here tomorrow (Yay for Friday!) for another classic card.

Have a great sunny Thursday!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment