Tuesday, October 25, 2011

More Sunshine on the Way???

Hello stampers and happy Tuesday!

Wasn't yesterday a beautiful day?  I hope you enjoyed that warm and wonderful sunshine while it lasted!  I got to sit on the porch yesterday afternoon in the bright sunshine and it was almost hot, so I was glad I had a cold glass of Diet Rite Cola, my favorite.  I wouldn't normally take time out of a busy Monday to sit on the porch, but I felt I needed to take advantage of the beautiful day and just absorb some sunshine.  I'm hoping we'll have more of the same today and maybe a few other days this week as well.  I can dream, can't I?

In celebration of yesterday's sunshine, I've got a card today with the sentiment "Live in the sunshine," a Ralph Waldo Emerson quote.  The set is a big favorite of mine called Field Flowers (p. 120).  I've used this set a lot and I'm sure I will continue using it.  If you don't own it yet, you might want to click on the "order now" button at the top of my blog so you can start playing with it!
Check it out...



This is an easel card in a slightly different size.  The folded base that makes the easel is a strip of cardstock 3 1/4  inches wide by 11 inches long.  Score it cross-wise at 3 1/2 and 6 3/8.  Fold into a Z shape and that will be the base of your easel card.  If you'd like all the measurements for this card, please send me a quick email sjrstamps@gmail.com and I'll send you the complete directions. 

The card stock colors I used on this card are Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, and Whisper White.  The flowers were stamped first in Calypso Coral and then overstamped with Rich Razzleberry.  Some Rich Razzleberry grosgrain ribbon makes the perfect accent. 

I'm off to babysit for my 8 week old granddaughter today, so I've got to run. Thanks for stopping by today my stamping friends!  Meet me back here tomorrow for more stamping inspiration and another classic card.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment