Friday, October 28, 2011

Out to Lunch

Happy Friday, Stampers! 

I'm sorry to have missed blogging yesterday, but I was out to lunch.  No, I don't mean I just forgot because I was in a mental fog.  I mean I really was out to lunch, as in having fun with friends.  Yesterday was such a beautiful day, I decided to play hooky from all things stamping related and just have a day off.  So a few of my Bunco buddies and I went shopping and then had lunch.  It was a refreshing change from my daily routine, that's for sure!  But now I'm back and I have another card to share with you. 

As I get older, and I'm sure many of you have noticed this too, suddenly I seem to need more sympathy cards than ever.  I guess it is an unavoidable sign of aging.  So today I've got a card that makes a perfect expression of sympathy to send to someone who is grieving.  It is clean and simple and strikes the right balance between too cheerful and too gloomy.  Here it is....


The base of the card is Very Vanilla and the focal panel and sentiment are also stamped on Very Vanilla.  The other colors are Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, and Always Artichoke.  The stamp set is Love and Sympathy and can be found on page 76 of the big catalog.  I colored directly on the stamp with my Cajun Craze and Always Artichoke markers (p. 179).  The sentiment was stamped in Early Espresso (p. 180) and punched out with the Extra Large Oval punch, (p. 212).  To give a little extra interest, the Cajun Craze panel was embossed with the Stripes embossing folder (p. 218).  The lack of ribbon, brads, or other embellishments make this card easy to mail. And since these types of cards are usually mailed, rather than hand-delivered, it just makes sense to leave off all the knots, lumps, and bumps that embellishments cause.  That way, your card will arrive in an envelope that is intact, instead of one that is a sad-looking ripped and torn mess.

Thanks for stopping by today, stamping people!  Please come back on Monday when I'll have another classic card to inspire you.  Meanwhile, enjoy the weekend and don't forget to take a little time out just for you to stamp and just enjoy being creative.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment