Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Better Late than Never

Hello Stampers and Happy Wednesday!

I'm sorry I'm very late in posting this today, but I had an early start this morning running around doing lots of other things and wasn't able to sit down at the computer until this afternoon.  But never fear, I'm here and I have a great card for you today.  Well, I like it and I hope you will too.  Since I'm leaving in a couple of hours to drive to a meeting with other Stampin'Up! demonstrators, I'll just cut to the chase and show you my card right now.


Side note to my readers...
I'm looking forward to having my son-in-law, the photography expert, help me figure out what is wrong with  the software for my digital camera.  Apparently, having this yellow cast to photos is quite common with Canon cameras.  It is fixable, I'm sure, but I wouldn't know how to go about doing that.  I'm hoping he can help me figure it out and fix it when they are here over the Thanksgiving holiday.

The colors I used on this card are River Rock (for the base layer and the panel behind the focal panel), Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, and Watercolor paper for the stamped focal panel.  I used the new Houndstooth embossing folder (p. 218) to add texture and interest to the Elegant Eggplant layer. The stamps are from the classic Nature's Pace stamp set (p. 129).  I stamped the grapes on the Watercolor paper (p. 181) with Staz-On Jet Black ink (p. 203), then colored them in with Watercolor Wonder Crayons (p. 202) and a blender pen (p. 203).  To add a bit more age to the piece, I sponged the edges in Early Espresso and spritzed some  Early Espresso ink dots on it with the Color Spritzer Tool (p. 203) and an Early Espresso marker (p. 180).

To align the Mini Brads (p. 199), I used the Mat Pack (p. 207) and the Paper Piercing Tool (also p. 207).
Please, please, please invest 9.95 in the Mat Pack so that all of your brads will stand at attention in a straight line.  I don't think anything looks worse than brads that are supposed to be in a line, but are wandering all over the card.  It is such a sad look, and so easily avoided!  Some linen thread tied around the panel finishes off the card and adds to the rustic look.  The sentiment  (another Ralph Waldo Emerson quote) is from the Nature's Pace set as well.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope I have inspired you to stamp something pretty today.  Meet me back here on Thursday for more ideas for classic cards.
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment