Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pear-fect for Fall

Happy Thursday, everyone! 
The weekend is almost here!  Time for you to relax, wind down, and enjoy some fun.  For me, the weekend means party, party, party... as in stamping parties.  What a great job I have!  Every time I go to work, I end up at a party!  Has the thought crossed your mind that being a Stampin'Up! demonstrator would be fun?  If so, now is the time to seriously consider joining.  During October, you get an extra $100 in product or a free Big Shot when you join.  Email me if you are interested in hearing more sjrstamps@gmail.com

Have you ever thought of sending out just a few Thanksgiving cards to a few special people, just to let them know you are thankful to have them in your life?  Expressing gratitude should be something we do year-round, not just at Thanksgiving,  but Thanksgiving is a perfect excuse to let close family and friends know how much you love and appreciate them.  And today, I have just the "pear-fect" card for doing that,  Take a look...


This elegant card uses the hostess-only stamp set "Faith in Nature."  You can easily get this set free when you hold your own stamping party.  The colors used here are Very Vanilla (card base), Cajun Craze (main panel), Always Artichoke (embossed panel), So Saffron (horizontal strip).  The focal image is stamped on watercolor paper( page 181) in Jet Black Staz-on ink (page 203) and colored with Watercolor Wonder Crayons ( page 202) and a blender pen (page 203). The sentiment "Happy Thanksgiving" is from the stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes (page 157).  The Watercolor Wonder crayons are so quick and easy to use... even an amateur can achieve very artistic results.  Anyone who know me knows that I'm no artist!  I can't even draw a decent-looking stick figure.  But with my stamps, ink, and paper I can soar to artistic heights I never imagined.  That's what so great about stamping.

Thanks for stopping by today, stampers!  I hope I've inspired you to make just a few special Thanksgiving cards.  Please meet me back here tomorrow for more stamping fun and inspiration.
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment