Monday, September 2, 2013

No laboring for me today....

Hello Stampers and Happy Labor Day!

I've always thought of this day as the official end of summer and if you're a student or a teacher, that's pretty much true for you.  I take comfort in the fact that summer does not actually end until September 22nd, when I'm forced by the Autumn Equinox to finally admit that yes, summer is over for another year.  I'm hoping for some gloriously sunny fall days before the rains arrive in earnest.

So what, if any, fun things do you have planned for this nice Monday holiday?  A barbecue with friends?  A trip to the beach?  A round of golf?  Whatever it is, I hope that it is fun and does not involve a lot of work on your part.  I'm actually going to try to take a day off and just relax... read the paper... drink coffee.

I've been busy working on getting all of my ducks in a row for my upcoming Halloween class, coming up this Saturday, Sept. 7th at 1pm at my house.  I would love it if you would join me for this class that focuses on the fun and sweetness of Halloween, not on the scary stuff.  This fun little treat box is just one of the five projects you'll be making.  Of course I'm going to give you the directions and even a template so that you can make more of this cute little box when you get home.  The fun tag says "It's all about the candy," a sentiment from the Halloween Hello set on page 21 of the holiday catalog.  This box is small, which is a happy thing, as it won't take a ton of candy to fill it.  But it still makes a nice treat for those special kiddos in your life... the neighbor kids, the grandchildren, etc.  And once you see how easy it is to make this cute little box, you can make them for other occasions like Valentine's Day, Christmas, and Easter.



Well, that's it for today, stampin' peeps!  I'm going off to sit on the porch and read, or maybe I'll take a walk.  But you won't find me doing any ironing today and I won't be mopping any floors either.  That can wait until tomorrow!  Have a great relaxing day and don't forget to come back and visit again on Wednesday, when I'll have more stamping inspiration for you!
Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment