Friday, September 20, 2013

Just Goofing Off....

Hello stampers and happy Friday to all!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Wasn't yesterday the most gorgeous almost-fall day?  Or did it seem more like summer to you?  There's definitely a hint of fall in the air and soon it will officially be here.  I made my annual pumpkin-purchasing trek to Al's Garden Center on Wednesday, so my porch is all ready for the fall season with pumpkins and chrysanthemums.  Are you pulling out your fall decor too?  Fall is definitely a busy time of year, as thoughts are turning to gearing up for the holidays ahead.

Speaking of being busy, I don't usually have too much time to just play around with stamping.  Usually when I go to my stamp room, I have a definite purpose in mind, such as " I need to design two cards for class next week" or "I need to come up with cards for Midge's party."  Very seldom do I have time to just goof off... trying different things and seeing what I come up with.  The card I'm going to show you today was the result of some rare "play time." Quite a while ago I printed a copy of a card that I saw on the web site of another company... not Stampin'Up!  I thought I would tweak that card, of course using all Stampin'Up! supplies and stamps.  Here's what I came up with...




There is just a vague resemblance between the two cards, due to the fact that I was using totally different stamps and of course the colors aren't the same either.  I love the way this turned out, though.  Let me give you a quick list of what I used.
Stamps:  Everything Eleanor (for the background swirl)
              Field Flowers, for the white embossed flowers and the sentiment
              Papillon Potpourri
Ink:  Versamark
        Marina Mist
        Basic Black
Paper:  Marina Mist, Whisper White, So Saffron
Accessories:  Basic Pearls, Elegant Butterfly Punch, white embossing powder,  1 3/4 inch circle punch, dimensionals

I stamped the swirls from Everything Eleanor in Marina Mist ink on Marina Mist card stock.  Then I stamped the flowers in Versamark ink and heat embossed them with white embossing powder.  Then it was quick to punch the hole, stamp the sentiment, and add the butterfly and pearls.  I think this card would be pretty done in other colors too.  Maybe you'd like to goof off a bit and try some other color combinations.  I think an Old Olive background might look great with the butterfly in Tangerine Tango or even Bermuda Bay.
Goofing off is very relaxing and you have my permission to goof off as much as you want!

I hope your Friday is a good one and that it leads right into a great weekend!
Hugs,
Susan
        

1 comment:

  1. I love all your cards this week, I may have to CASE them!!

    ReplyDelete