Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Tape It!

Hello stampers, and welcome to Wednesday at The Classic Card!

This post is going to be later than you are accustomed to, as I was creative mode last night.... busily working on cards, cards, cards.  So I'm actually writing this on Wednesday morning, instead of Tuesday night!  As I write, the sun is trying to burn through the clouds and I'm cheering it on.... I've seen enough rain for now.

Some of the cards I'm working on will be offered at my  Christmas card class on Sunday, October 13th at 1:30, so I won't be showing them on the blog just yet.  There have to be a few surprises!   So while I've got lots of new cards, I'm keeping them under wraps for now.

The fun card I have for you today was a make-and-take at last month's demonstrator meeting.  It was designed by Kathy Milano, one of the talented demonstrators in my group and uses a fun technique with painter's tape.  I've seen quite a few of these cards recently and I'll be playing with this technique more in the days to come.  Here's the card...


To create the white blocks of color, you just take a piece of painter's tape (it looks like masking tape, but it is less sticky and it's usually blue) and gently lay it on a white craft (pigment ink) pad.  Lightly run a finger over the tape, then lift it and apply to the card.  Repeat for the number of stripes you desire.  This technique is also fun to do with regular stamp pads on white card stock.  Pastel colors such as So Saffron, Blushing Bride and other light colors work best with this technique.

Here's a quick list of the supplies:
Stamps:  Tags 4 You, page 37 of the holiday catalog
Ink:  Black Staz-On, Whisper White Craft Pad, both on page 165 of the annual catalog
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black card stock, Witches' Brew Designer Series Paper, page 21 of the holiday catalog

Hope your Wednesday is off to a great start!  Thanks for stopping by today and be sure and come back on Friday when I'll have more stamping inspiration for you.
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment