Friday, August 30, 2013

Simply Sophisticated

Hello stamping friends!  Hurrah for Friday and Labor Day Weekend!

I hate to admit it, but we have absolutely nothing planned for this holiday weekend.  The Seattle troops are back at home, preparing for a busy school year and we are going to just "veg."  I'm hoping to find time to sit on the porch and read, maybe do a bit of gardening, and think about how I don't need to be in a mad rush to get my ironing done so I can be back at school on Tuesday looking freshly pressed and ready for a new school year.  Those days are over now.  They were enjoyable and productive years and now I've moved on to the enjoyable and productive business of being a Stampin'Up! demonstrator, where I can work in my pj's if I want to... definitely a low-stress job.   And talk about fun!  Every time I go to work I end up at a party!

I've got a pretty card for you today that I just love.  I can see this card made in many other color combinations, but today it's the simple sophistication of Basic Black and Very Vanilla.  I would have used black and white, but the DSP I used---Modern Medley (page 154 of the annual catalog) uses Very Vanilla so I needed to use Very Vanilla on my card as well.

Here it is...



This simple layout would look great with almost any DSP (Designer Series Paper).  There's really very little stamping on this card... just the sentiment which is from the Label Love stamp set (page 33 of the annual catalog).  I stamped in Basic Black on Very Vanilla card stock and then punched the sentiment out with the coordinating Artisan Label Punch on page 181. I embossed the Very Vanilla panel with the new Modern Mosaic embossing folder ( page 191).  Look how well it coordinates with the mosaic patterned black and vanilla panel.  The flowers were punched out of the same Modern Medley collection of paper with the new Pansy Punch (page 183). The centers of the flowers are accented with a 1/2 inch circle punch and a pearl.
I used the pretty Victoria crochet trim (page 173) as the finishing touch.

I hope you'll have a few minutes sometime this weekend to get out some of your designer series paper and try making a card like this.  I think you'll love how easy it is to put together!

Happy stamping and happy Labor Day Weekend, everyone!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment