Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Cool and Frosty

Hello Stampers and welcome back to The Classic Card!

I'm thinking we all need to concentrate on cool thoughts on this very warm and sunny Wednesday.  I'm not complaining one bit, though, just remarking on our summery temperature today.  And why shouldn't it be nice?  As I've noted before, it's still summer until Sept. 21st.  Then on the 22nd, suddenly it's officially fall.  I'm loving sitting on the front porch, eating dinner on the back patio, and pretending the summer weather will last forever.  I might have to run down to Starbucks this afternoon and get a cool frosty Decaf Coffee Frappucino, my favorite warm-weather drink.

And to go along with my cool and frosty coffee, I've got a cool and frosty card that I think you'll love!
Take a peek and let me know what you think...



Just looking at this gives me a cool little shiver!  I wish I could take credit for this beautiful creation, but I cannot.  This is the work of Shannon Carrier, one of the talented demonstrators in our Stamp2gether group which meets monthly for dinner, swapping, and stamping.  Shannon used tons of new products in creating this beauty, so let me quickly list them.

Stamps:  Festive Flurry (snowflake stamp), page 30 of the holiday catalog
Ink:  Pool Party
Paper:  Winter Frost Designer Series Paper Stack, page 29 of the holiday catalog
            Pool Party Card Stock, Whisper White Card Stock
Accessories:  Festive Flurry Framelit Dies, page 30 of the holiday catalog
                     Silver Foil Sheets, page 28 of the holiday catalog (for the "Merry"
                     Frosted Finishes Embellishments, also on page 28
                     Expressions Thinlit Dies (you get "Merry," "Thankful," and "Love") page 36 of the holiday
                      catalog)

Everything she used just comes together so nicely in this great card!

Hope your week is going smoothly and if you're spending your week at work, I hope you'll be able to take a few minutes to go outside and enjoy the sunshine.  Thanks for stopping in for a visit!  I appreciate my readers very much and I'd love it if you'd refer other card-makers to my blog.  Don't forget to check in with me on Friday, when I'll show you another classic card!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment