Monday, September 23, 2013

Happy Fall, Y'all!

A happy hello on this stormy Monday!

As I'm sure you're aware, we reached the Autumn Equinox yesterday and it is now officially fall.  And right on cue, the rain arrived.  Funny how that happens!  I don't know what it was like at your house on Sunday, but here in Sherwood, we enjoyed (I'm not sure that's the right word) a drenching rain along with lashing wind.  The trees were getting a real workout, but I'm told that the wind actually strengthens their roots.  So while the wind was howling and the rain was falling and the trees were swaying, inside it was all warmth and bright lights, and the happy sounds of stampers creating.  If you missed my annual "First Day of Fall" celebration, be sure to attend next year.  We had a great afternoon of creativity!  In fact, the card I'm going to show you today is one of four that we made on Sunday.  Take a peek...



I really need a better system for keeping track of the cards I've shown here.  I did a quick check back through the recent blog posts and didn't see this one, so I think it's OK to show you.  Of course if you were here yesterday, then you have one of these ready to send to a friend or relative....someone you're thankful for... or more correctly... "someone for whom you're thankful."  

Let me give you a quick list of the stamps and supplies, just in case you'd like to create a leafy card like this.

Stamps:  Magnificent Maple  (page 18 of the holiday catalog).  This is a single stamp and it only comes in wood mount.  The price is a very reasonable 9.95.  You could easily use this stamp for all sorts of projects, from cards to gift tags to wine bottle tags, to place cards for Thanksgiving dinner.  It would look great stamped on a gift bag and then you could stamp matching tissue as well.
              Banner Greetings (page 202 of the annual catalog).  This is one of the stamp sets that only hostesses can get and what a versatile set it is.  These little banners are so easy to cut out with scissors (all straight cuts) and they fit on just about any card.  Best of all, this set only uses $8 in hostess dollars.
Ink:  Crushed Curry and Rich Razzleberry
Paper:  Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Chevron ribbon in Crushed Curry, Stitched Grosgrain ribbon in Rich Razzleberry, Very Vintage Designer Buttons (love those!  page 169 of the annual catalog), and Linen Thread (page 173) to tie it all together.

Now that the season has changed, do you have any changes planned to give yourself a little "lift" for fall?
These things may sound silly to you, but since I'm one of those domestic types, stuff like this really floats my boat.  So... here's what I've done so far... \cleaned my closet and took a bunch of stuff to Goodwill, put my everyday dishes away and got out a different set for fall, washed all the glasses in my cupboards and rearranged them so I can use ones that I don't usually use,  and together the Mr. and I are working on window washing to get rid of all the dust of summer. Of course I've stowed the chairs that were on the porch, and I've got the fall pumpkins and Halloween decorations out.  I know you're thinking I'm nuts, but it's just the "Martha" in me coming out!  OK... enough rambling.  I've got to run... I've got lots of stamping to do today!  Please come back on Wednesday for another fall card.
Happy Fall!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment