Friday, September 13, 2013

A Summery Card for a Summery Friday....

Hello there stampers!  How are you this beautiful Friday morning?

I think all of us can agree that there's much to appreciate about a beautiful morning and the start of another weekend.  I'm so grateful for this super weather and I'm sure hoping that Mr. Sun will continue to grace us with his golden presence!

I know you came here to see an inspiring card and I certainly have one for you today, but before we get to that, I need to let you know the exciting news that Stampin'Up! has re-stocked the Clearance Rack!!  There are all sorts of new goodies on the rack, from card stock to DSP to brads, ribbon, and even some stamp sets and single stamps.  Also added are some dies for the Big Shot and even a couple of embossing folders.  Go check it out.  To see the clearance rack, click on the "shop now" button on my blog header or you can go to www.susanrodgers.stampinup.net ( my demonstrator business web site).  You will be absolutely amazed at the prices!

OK, let's now return to our regularly scheduled program.  Here's the summery card I promised...



Isn't this gorgeous?  I can go on and on about how pretty this is and how fabulous I think it is because I didn't make this card.  I'm not one to blow my own horn...at least not very loudly, but I'm more than happy to tell you that this card was made by Gloria Atwood, one of the talented demonstrators in my downline.
This doesn't look like a quick and easy card, but I think it could be made in 10-15 minutes, depending on how quick you are with a pair of paper snips.  Let me give you a quick list of the supplies that Gloria used to create this beauty:

Stamps:  Everything Eleanor
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Gumball Green
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Blushing Bride, and Calypso Coral card stock
Accessories:  Honeycomb embossing folder, Basic Pearls, and Dimensionals.

Gloria first stamped the Very Vanilla panel with the swirls from Everything Eleanor in Blushing Bride ink.  Then she stamped the label image from the same set in Gumball Green, right over the swirls. After that, she ran the panel through her Big Shot with the Honeycomb embossing folder.  Then she stamped 3 of the flowers from Everything Eleanor in Calypso Coral and then cut each one out.  Each flower is popped up on a dimensional and a pearl was added to the center of each flower for the perfect finishing touch.

Wouldn't you love to make a card like this at your very own stamping party, where YOU will get all the hostess freebies???  You can have your party at my house, so there'll be no cleaning, organizing, and setting up for a party for you.  Just bring your friends to my house, along with some snacks.  I'll do the rest!
There's nothing more fun than sitting down with the Stampin'Up! catalog at the end of your party and picking out all of the free items you've earned.

I hope that all of you will have a wonderfully relaxing weekend!  May you find a few minutes to stamp something pretty! Oh, and please come back on Monday for more stamping ideas and inspiration.  I've been busy creating new cards for your enjoyment!
Happy weekend, everyone!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment