Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Drawing the line, one more time


Hi there stampers and happy Wednesday!

It seems like fall is really here.  Even though it doesn't officially arrive until Sunday, today I noticed the very first red maple leaves on our driveway.  Although our trees are still 90% green, the leaves at the very top are most definitely red and beginning to fall.  Yikes! I guess I'd better prepare for "raking season!"

 Did you try making a card like the one I showed you on Monday?  How did you do?  I hope you didn't find it too terribly frustrating!  Or perhaps you filed that idea away for another time.  Whatever the case, I've got another one of those cards for you today, but I promise this will be the last one using this design.  If you like the look, but want to make it a whole lot easier, you can just use a neutral panel with a colored panel behind it for your sentiment.

Take a look at today's card...



This time, I used the thick end of the Early Espresso marker, to better match the thicker script I used for the sentiment.  Here's a quick list of the supplies I used...

Stamps:  Magnificent Maple (page 18 of the Holiday catalog)
              Four You (sentiment, page 22 of the annual catalog)
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Early Espresso
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Early Espresso
Accessories:  Early Espresso Marker, post-it paper for masking

Even though there are clouds and rain in the forecast this week, I'm still stubbornly hanging on to my capris and sandals.  I'm just not ready to give them up yet.  Are you one of the summer people like me?  Or are you busily unpacking your favorite sweaters, jackets, and boots in preparation for fall?  Even if we don't share the same views on our favorite season, there is one thing we can agree on, and that's our love of stamping!  I hope you'll find some time this week to get out your stamps and stamp something pretty!

You've got 2 opportunities to stamp this coming weekend.  First, there's Connie's party on Saturday at 1 pm at my house. We'll be making two cards that have moving parts. One card has a panel that flips over when the card is opened and the second card has a panel that pulls up out of a pocket, revealing the sentiment, when the card is opened.  Come and learn a couple of new tricks to kick your cards up a notch or two. There is no cost to attend Connie's party on Saturday, but of course orders are encouraged and greatly appreciated. If you'd like to attend, please let me know by emailing me at sjrstamps@gmail.com

Then on Sunday, you can join me for my "Fall in Love with Stamping" class which starts at 1:30.  You'll make four cards plus a journal, all for $15 or free with a $40 purchase.  There will be some yummy fall treats and door prizes too.  I've got just a few spots left, so be sure to email me asap to save a spot at the stamping table.

Well, stampers, it's downhill from here to the weekend.  Hope the rest of your week goes well!
Hugs,
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment