Monday, April 29, 2013

Kindness Matters

Hello stampers and welcome to a fresh new week at The Classic Card!

I hope that each one of you had a chance to slow down a bit over the weekend and just take a deep breath and relax.  I know many of you lead very active and stressful lives and that you need a break from being "crazy busy."  My hope is that you were able to carve out a few minutes of the weekend to play with your stamps.  There's nothing like being creative to refresh your spirit!

For the next week or so, I'll be reviewing cards made from stamp sets that are retiring.  Giving these sets a moment in the spotlight seems like the right thing to do, before they are gone for good.  We have until the end of May to order stamp sets on the retired list.  After that, you may be paying an exorbitant price on ebay for that special set you simply must have.

Today's set is "Kindness Matters" and it is a good reminder to treat ourselves as kindly as we treat others.  Take a look ...



Of course that great striped grosgrain ribbon is long gone, but the Kindness Matters stamp set is still with us, for just a little while longer.  You can see this great set on page 74 of the current annual catalog and it's only $8.95 for the 5 piece set.  I've used this set over and over again and I'll be very sorry to see it go.  Also retiring is the gorgeous Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder ( page 189 of the annual catalog).  Again, this is a product that I've used often.  In fact, I may not be able to part with it!  I keep very few retired products, but this just might be one that I stash away in my cupboard of favorites.

The colors on this card are Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, and Daffodil Delight.  Some sponging around the edge of the Daffodil Delight panel ups the vintage feel of this card.

Thanks for stopping by today!  I'm off to Symposium Coffee to meet with the Stamp Out Stress group.
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment