Wednesday, April 17, 2013

If the Shoe Fits....

Hi there stampers!  Thanks for coming by for a visit today!

I'm sure you've heard the saying  "If the shoe fits, buy it in every color!"  Well, today I have a shoe for you that will definitely fit many occasions.  With a quick change of sentiment, it could be a friend card, a birthday card, a card for your daughter, or sister, or aunt.  And of course it makes a perfect Mother's Day card too!
Pocket cards are perfect for any occasion that requires a gift, because you can easily tuck in a gift card, a gift certificate, concert tickets, etc. and there's no shopping or wrapping required!

We'll be making this fun pocket card at Elena's party this Saturday at my house.  If you'd like to attend, please send me a quick message via email and I'll add your name to the list.  Here you go, take a peek...



The colors I used are Regal Rose (one of the colors that is being discontinued), Whisper White, and Basic Black.  This color combination is often used for feminine cards and it works particularly well with this shoe, as it is easy to stamp it in Jet Black Staz-On ink (it won't run or smear when you color it) and then just add accents of color here and there.  For this card, I just colored the flowers with a Pink Pirouette marker.  The center of each flower is accented with a rhinestone, which I colored pink with a permanent marker.  If you wanted to, you could color each and every little tiny petal and leaf on the shoe, but I'm thinking your eyes might be permanently crossed when you finish.

The stamp set is called Fabulous You (page 39 of the annual catalog).  It sells for just $11.95 in clear-mount.  The sentiment is from Delightful Dozen (page 140 of the annual catalog).  The black and white polka-dotted grosgrain ribbon adds a fun girly touch to the little pull-out panel, which is where you can write a short note and sign your name.

Well, I've got to run, as the Seattle troops are arriving this afternoon.  Emma's school is on Spring Break and Amy is bringing the kiddos down for a couple of days.  I'm hoping for nice weather so we can take the kids to the park.  Please come back on Friday when I'll have another classic card for you!

Have a great Wednesday!
Susan

I

No comments:

Post a Comment