Monday, April 1, 2013

Flowers, flowers, and more flowers!


Hello stamping friends!  Happy Monday and Happy April Fool's Day!

 Wasn't yesterday a glorious Easter?  With the promise of a sunny Easter celebration, I didn't even mind getting up early!  I hope your day was wonderful as well.   Today we head into April and you know what they say about April showers... ("April showers bring May flowers")  Well, if you don't mind, April can keep its showers to itself.  I'd like sunshine, please!  As for the flowers, I've got those all taken care of.  I've been a busy bee working on a "Flower Fair" class just for you and I'll be showing you some of the cards over the next few days.

This class is based on the Flower Fair Simply Scrappin' Kit which you can see on page 31 of the spring catalog.  I love the bright and sunny colors in this kit... Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Regal Rose, and Garden Green.  You'll make 6 great cards and envelopes are included.  Each participant will get a full Flower Fair kit which sells for 15.95 and there will be lots of paper, ribbon, and embellishments left over after the 6 cards are finished.  I estimate that you'll have enough paper left over to make at least 16 additional cards, if not more.

Date:  Saturday, April 27th
Time:  1 pm
Place:  Susan's house
Cost:   $25 which includes the Flower Fair Kit ($15.95)  I will need your payment by Wednesday, April 17th so that I can order all of the kits and receive them well before the class on the 27th.

Of course I'll have some great snacks for you, so that you can keep your energy up as you busily complete the six cards.  I'll be sending out an evite for this class, which makes it super-easy to RSVP.  I look forward to hearing that you'll be here for the fun on April 27th!

Now let's get to the first card, shall we?



The bright colors just seem to sing out "spring" don't they?  I used the two different patterns of DSP in the kit for the panels, then added a Labels Collection Framelit shape, stamped with one of the sentiments from the Sassy Salutations set in Regal Rose. I used the Flower Fusion Sizzlet to make the flower in the upper left, then popped it up on a dimensional. The Garden Green taffeta ribbon that I wrapped around the taller panel comes in the kit, so coordinating the embellishments is easy.

If you've never used a scrappin' kit to make cards, you are going to love how easily and quickly cards come together with one of these kits.  Cut some paper, emboss it, add some DSP and some flower embellishments, stamp the sentiment of your choice and perhaps add a bit of ribbon and you're done!  Cards are easy, fast, and fun when you use a scrappin' kit!

Have a great Monday and don't forget to come back on Wednesday when I'll show you another fun card from the Flower Fair class!
Hugs,
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment