Friday, April 26, 2013

A Sunny Friday for You...

Hello my stampin' friends!

It's Friday, it's sunny, and it's all good!  I don't know about you, but this sunny week has been good therapy for a sun-starved former Californian (that would be me).  Oregon is beautiful all the time, but so much more beautiful in the sunshine.

It's been a very busy week for Stampin'Up! Demonstrators.  First, we got a sneak peek of the new catalog, then we were able to order a few new items (new colors, a couple of new stamp sets), then the retiring stamp list was revealed, as well as the retiring accessories list and then we placed our orders for our boxes of new catalogs (the ones I'm going to give to YOU!)  It was a crazy week, but a fun one!  Seeing a new Stampin'Up! catalog for the first time is sooo exciting.  You are going to love it!  By the way, please take a close look at the retiring accessories list, as there are tons of good ribbons on sale, not to mention DSP, brads, and other accessories.  These items should be ordered online, as the availability changes by the minute.

If that wasn't enough Stampin'Up! activity for the week, I also got together with other demonstrators at our monthly Stamp2gether.  This month our swap theme was fun folds, so I received some cards that showcase "different" openings... ones that open in the center, off center, or have some other unique feature that sets them apart from ordinary cards that have the fold on the left.  The card I'm sharing with you today is my swap card, but in the days ahead I'll be sharing some of the cards I received from other demonstrators in the group.  Here is my sunny contribution to a sunny Friday...



I love, love, love the zig-zaggy chevron pattern in Parker's Patterns DSP. This fun paper is on page 20 of the    spring catalog. The colors of card stock I used are Whisper White and Daffodil Delight.  The stamps are from A Round Array, a spring special and the "You are my Sunshine" stamp is one of the single stamps that are available until the end of July.  I'm not sure if this fold has an official name.  I'm calling it a double Z fold.  If you'd like the measurements for this card, please drop me an email and I'll send the directions right out to you. I stamped both sentiments in Early Espresso. For the 3-D flower,  I punched two scalloped circles with the 1 3/4 inch Scallop Circle Punch.  I carefully cut a little slit between each scallop, so I could pull the petals up a bit.  The center of the flower was punched with the new 7/8  inch Scallop Punch which is in the spring catalog.  I added a strip of the Stitched Grosgrain ribbon in Daffodil Delight for a nice vertical accent.

I hope your day is as fun and as sunny as this card!  Happy Friday, everyone, and please come back on Monday when I'll be sharing another fun fold card with you.
Enjoy the weekend!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment