Friday, April 5, 2013

Stampin'Up! does it again!


Hello stampers and welcome to Friday!  I'm sorry it is gray and rainy--- I know that none of us really want to look out and see that sort of weather, especially after the glorious weekend we had last week.  As the saying goes "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."  That thought applies to so much of life.  Not just the little things like sunny weekends, but also the big things---like when your kids leave the nest, or a relationship comes to an end, or any number of circumstances.

I'm planning to be busy with stamping this weekend, so maybe I won't even notice that the weather is less than ideal!  On Saturday at 1 pm, I'll be busy with my Beautiful Butterflies class.  It's been a while since I've had an event here, and I'm ready to get back to stamping. I still have one opening for the class, due to a cancellation, so if you'd like to join us, you are more than welcome to attend.  Just send me a quick email to sjrstamps@gmail.com and I'll save the spot for you!

Today Stampin'Up! made two big announcements.  First, they announced what they call a "Color Refresh," where they retire some colors and bring other colors back.  Here's a chart of the returning colors.  All but one of these have been seen before.  The really new color is called Smoky Slate and it looks like a very nice gray-ish beige... a nice taupe.  I've been a big fan of taupe for a long time... even had a house painted taupe with white trim, so I think I'm going to love working with Smoky Slate!





And here's a list of the retiring colors:  Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Bravo Burgundy, Not Quite Navy, More Mustard, and River Rock.  If you'd like to use these retiring colors in the future, be sure to order ink pads, refills, card stock, and ribbon as soon as you possibly can.  I'm thinking that they will sell out quickly and when the supplies are gone,  they're gone.  Don't delay too long, or you might be a very unhappy stamper!

The second big announcement today is that Stampin'Up! is offering FREE SHIPPING on all orders placed on April 6 through the 8th.  If you like to stay up late on Friday night, you can order just after midnight (which will make it  Saturday)The free shipping offer ends just before midnight on Monday the 8th.  Remember, Stampin'Up! is one hour ahead of us, so plan accordingly when placing your online order. The free shipping is good on all orders (orders placed at a class or workshop and online orders.  There is no minimum purchase required to get the free shipping and if you're placing an order online, you can also add clearance items to your order.

OK, you've been patient with all of the announcements, so now let's get to the card.  Today is the kind of day that needs something bright and pretty to perk us up, so I'll be showing you this fun card from the Flower Fair class that's happening on Saturday April 27th.


I love the warmth of the Tangerine Tango background and the bright and flowery DSP that comes in the Flower Fair Simply Scrappin' Kit.  I added some Scallop Dotted ribbon in Tangerine Tango and then lined up three squares that I punched from Regal Rose, Garden Green, and Daffodil Delight card stock using the Scallop Square punch.  The flowers are straight from the kit.... just peel off and stick on.  So easy!

Since we cannot rely on the weather to give us a boost of sunny optimism, we're just going to have to do it ourselves.  I suggest getting out your brightest card stock and your most flowery DSP and a set of flowery stamps and then just get busy creating. The bright colors will give you a burst of energy and you might not even notice the rain!  If you need help with layouts, go to www.mojomonday.blogspot.com  for layout ideas.
Have a great weekend, everyone, and please come back on Monday for more stamping inspiration.
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment