Monday, April 15, 2013

A Classic Combination

Hello there stampers!

Goodness!  Here comes another Monday, ready or not!  The weeks just keep swishing by and that's OK with me, as we are drawing ever nearer to summer--- my favorite time of year!  But we do have about about 10 or 11 weeks of icky weather left to get through before we arrive in the season of sunshine, cookouts, beach trips, fireworks, ice cream cones, sandals, flowers, bullfrogs, and watermelon.  Just think of all the good things we have to look forward to!  Meanwhile, we can keep ourselves entertained and keep our minds off the bad weather by indulging in our favorite addiction.... stamping!

I'm sure you've heard me say more than once that I'm "not a blue person."  I've just never been a huge fan of blue, but it is starting to grow on me.  Perhaps it's just old age creeping up on me, but I have to admit that I'm becoming fond of the classic color combination of blue and white, perhaps because it reminds me a bit of summer.  For whatever reason, a couple of days ago I decided to try a simple blue and white card and I loved how it turned out so I thought I'd share it with you to see if you like it too.

It's a very simple card... just some Midnight Muse flowers on a Whisper White background with a simple ribbon accent.  You could easily make this card in under 10 minutes, possibly in under 5 minutes.  I don't have a stopwatch so I can't tell you exactly how long it took me, but not long at all.  Take a peek and you'll see how simple it is...



The flowers are from the Elements of Style set, page 113 of the annual catalog.  I stamped them in Midnight Muse ink on a Whisper White panel, wrapped it with some Midnight Muse Stitched Satin ribbon, then adhered the panel to a Midnight Muse panel.  I slipped a long piece of ribbon underneath and tied it in a simple bow.  The sentiment is from the stamp set "Kindness Matters," page 74 of the annual catalog.  I stamped it on a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Large Oval Punch and then adhered it to a Midnight Muse scrap punched with the Extra Large Oval punch (both punches can be found on page 184 of the annual catalog).  With a change of sentiment, this card could work for just about any occasion, except for a manly card.  You know my rules about those.... never flowers and never, never, never a bow!

Here's an idea for you, in case you have nothing else to do this fine Monday.  Get out your stamps, some white card stock, and some ink and stamp up a set of cards like this.  You could use Cherry Cobbler and White, Always Artichoke and White, Early Espresso and White, and/or Old Olive and White.  Vary the sentiments... Happy Birthday, Thinking of You, Get Well, Thank You... then package them up with some envelopes in a clear cello bag and you'll have a lovely gift to give the next time you meet a friend for lunch or coffee.  Of course if you need any supplies for this project, you know who to call, right?

Well, friends, I'm off to Curves to do my Monday morning penance and seek forgiveness for the sins of the weekend (breakfast at Hayden's).  Hope you'll have a creative and productive Monday.  Thanks for being my readers and I hope you'll come back on Wednesday when I will attempt to inspire you with more stamping ideas.

Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment