Wednesday, April 24, 2013

So Exciting!

Hello Stampers!

It's Wednesday here at The Classic Card and there's lots of excitement in the air if you are a stamping fanatic like me!

Last night at midnight Mountain Time (11pm our time), the new 2013-2014 Stampin'Up! catalog went online for demonstrators to see.  Oh, and it's a gorgeous one, just full of new stamps, colors, accessories, and many, many new ideas.  I'm sorry you can't see it yet, but I promise it will be worth the wait!  The only reason demonstrators get to see it early is that we need to order some of the new products so we can start working with them, try them out for ourselves, and make samples to show you, our fabulous customers!  So we are allowed to order a limited number of things.

Another exciting thing that was announced last night is the retiring stamp list.  For customers, there's really no downside to the retiring stamp list, other than making sure you have all your favorites before they are gone forever.  Of course there are many favorites that won't be around anymore, but I'm excited to have some NEW stamps to play with! We need to get rid of the old to make way for the new!  Watch your email... I'll be sending out the list sometime today.

Don't forget, my annual Retirement Party is on Saturday, May 4th at 11am.  This is your opportunity to make some cards with two of my favorite retiring sets, enjoy some yummy brunch treats, and of course order some wonderful stamps before they retire.  There is no cost to attend!  Come, stamp, and enjoy some time just for you!  The cleaning, weeding, and grocery shopping can wait!  You can send me a quick email or reply to the evite I sent.

Oh, did you come here hoping and expecting to see a card?   Well, I can't let you down, so here's a card for you...



This photo isn't the best, so let me describe the colors for you.  The base of the card is Basic Black, and the blue layer is Pool Party.  I'm so very thankful that Pool Party is staying around as part of the Subtles family.  I love how fresh and bright it is!  The focal point is made with the baby wipe technique, a technique that's been around for a long time, but is still fun to do.  First I cut an oval from Whisper White Glossy card stock.  Using a tiny bit of double-stick tape on the back, I secured it to my scratch paper.  Next I folded 2 baby wipes into a pad about 3 inches long and 2 inches thick.  I used a binder clip (or you could use a clip that holds a bag of chips closed) to clamp over the little pad I created so as not to get my hands stained.  I put a line of Pool Party ink along the folded edge of the baby wipe, then I added a shorter line of Daffodil Delight ink, and then a line of Pumpkin Pie ink.  Then, holding the clip, I just swiped the baby wipe across the oval, creating the blended colors.  After letting the paper dry for just a few moments, I stamped the image (it is from the set Love and Sympathy, page 54 of the annual catalog, only $11.95 in clear mount). in Jet Black Staz-On ink.  The top of the Pool Party panel is embossed with the Fancy Fan embossing folder, but I left the bottom half plain so that the sentiment could be stamped on smooth paper. The ribbon is the Scallop Dots ribbon in Basic Black (page 172 of the annual catalog), just turned over so the solid side shows.

Once you've created your little custom-colored pad with the baby wipes and ink refills, why not use it several more times?  So before you start, cut a few more ovals and make multiple cards. That way, you aren't wasting any ink.  You can also re-ink the pad by just adding a few more drops of each color to your pad.

I'm getting off the computer now and heading to work in my stamp room.  I have lots to do to get ready for the Flower Fair class that is coming up this Saturday at 1pm at my house.  I still have room for 2 more, so if you'd like to come over and make 6 cute and colorful cards (and go home with a kit worth $15.95), please let me know.  The cost for this class is $25.  I would love it if you'd come and join us!

Hope you'll all have a wondrous Wednesday!  Get outside and enjoy this fabulous weather, because the weather guy says it could start raining again on Saturday.

Hugs,
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment